Efficacy Construction Company is a Lagos Nigerian-based Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Company that specializes in all Building Construction, Civil Engineering and Project Management Works.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Category: Mechanical and Heavy Duty Equipment
- Supervises On-site Contractor work execution inclusive of crane rigging and lifting operations as designated.
- Ensuring work compliances to standards, tolerances and fits and working in accordance with sound engineering practices.
- Ensuring mechanical spare parts availability for scheduled and projected jobs inclusive of spare inventory (physical) checking and stock inspections and preliminary liaison with Suppliers and Vendors for proposals etc.
- Equipment Problems Trouble-shooting and Basic Root Cause Analysis and Development of Solutions.
- Liaison with & assisting other Engineering Departments as required.
- All maintenance tasks (scheduled and emergent) relevant to rotating and ancillary equipment and emergency tasks.
- Permitting compliance with safety requirements and liaison and coordination with other Departments as required.
- Ensures equipment, materials and tools are on-hand for work execution. Reports resources and time utilized, job scope expansion, rework or deferred maintenance as required; also keeping all tasks and activities logged and up-dated.
- Implementation of routine checks including vibration and temperature inspections on designated rotating equipment and ensuring logging or recording of all readings; includes preliminary assessment and reportage on as found conditions.
- Repairs to other static equipment as required – valves, pipe-work, pressure vessels and tanks and such-like.
Other duties and Responsibilities
- Install electric parts and hardware using appropriate tools equipment such as soldering irons Align and fit assemblies using hand and power tools
- Fabricate replacements (temporarily where possible) for unavailable parts until they can be procured from the vendor
- Diagnose Issues with complex control systems and employ tactics to resolve them effectively
- Install, maintain and repair a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Perform regular and preventative maintenance on electric and mechanical equipment
- Troubleshoot complex problems associated with electrical and mechanical machinery by following precedential steps and corrective actions
- Train others to install, use, or maintain electrical and mechanical systems
- OND, NABTEB, HND in Electrical/Mechanical certification or equivalent from an approved Institution
- Previous experience in a mechanical technician role is required.
- Knowledge and experience regarding industry HSE standards.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Team Player
- High level of integrity
- Good emergency response
- Planning and Organizing skills
- Good oral and written and communication skills
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- A thorough knowledge of mechanical components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter (with the relevant position included in the subject line of your email) to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 2nd November, 2018