Abt Associates – The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Assistant / Project Officer – SHOPS Plus
Req Id: 59166
- We seek a Kano State Project Officer to support a private sector TB project under SHOPS Plus. SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. The project seeks to harness the full potential of the private sector and catalyze public-private engagement to improve health outcomes in TB, family planning, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, and other health areas. In Nigeria, SHOPS Plus will capacitate private providers to scale up tuberculosis case finding, diagnosis, treatment and reporting in Kano State.
- The Project Officer will support implementation of a TB services expansion project that will increase availability of TB services in the private sector, improve flow of suspected TB patients into detection and treatment centers, improve the quality of private sector TB services, and strengthen health systems to foster and sustain Public Private Mix (PPM) models for TB care.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation system.
- Work closely with the TB State Coordinators to implement private sector TB program in Kano state
- Assist in developing and implementing detailed action plans for activities
- Support the technical team in capacity building through trainings and on-site mentoring activities
- Plan and carry out supportive supervisory visits to IOs and network providers using developed checklists
- Strengthen IO operations by providing technical and managerial oversight for network support Work with IO network officers to implement referral system within the private sector network and to/from the public sector
- Support the State Coordinators as liaisons among communities, facilities, and local government authority (NTBCLP, etc.)
- Support the State Coordinators to develop and review technical resource materials (e.g., training materials, SBCC plans, strategy documents, job aids) and programming tools to support meeting project objectives
- Work with administrative and finance staff to plan and organize logistics for training and other events
- Support the State Coordinators to carry out administrative duties including preparing and managing schedules, official correspondence and follow up, tracking budgets and managing cash advances
- Contribute to communication, advocacy and knowledge management tasks including documentation and program report writing
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Ability to write technical papers and reports
- Strong abilities to implement capacity building activities, training and workshops
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.Computer skills in MS Windows, Excel, Word
- Ability to travel with the state approximately 50% of the time
- Excellent organizational skills and oral and written communications skills in English
- Previous experience in Tuberculosis projects with USAID funding or other donor agencies preferred.
- Bachelor’s (BS) or Master’s (MS) degree in Health Management, Public Health, Health Administration, or other relevant field
- Five years (BS) or four years (MS) of relevant work experience, especially TB or other infectious diseases
- Experience with private sector health service delivery at the provincial and/or district level
- Bachelor’s degree and ( 2+ ) years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply