Discovery Cycle Professionals (A Division of Discovery Cycle Limited) is a global network of experienced academics and consultants assembled to provide world-class knowledge-based services globally. DCP has diverse experience across different professional fields and offers a wide-range of multi-disciplinary professional services. DCP has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. Over the years, DCP has developed a wide range of multi-disciplinary professional services covering both the private and public sectors of the economy through the “DCP Ecosystem”.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Role and Task Complexities
- Develop logistics along with support plans, budget requirements and deployment timelines for movement of tractors
- Develop logistical plans for current operations and logistics contingency plans.
- Develop and execute tools and methodologies to enable effective implementation of logistic plans.
- Design and develop standard operating methods to manage logistics operations efficiently.
- Ensure accountable, timely and cost-effective release of cargos.
- Ensure all supervised staff members are trained as well as cross-trained adequately/Identify added logistic training requirements to attain high working standards.
- Keeps inventory of all equipment, spare parts and movement (in and out) of tractors
- Develop and execute logistics support policy, processes and methodologies to general benefit of all departments
- Develop reports on material and personnel movements and various operational logistics problems.
- Involve in technical survey missions for new assignments
- Guide and oversee performance of new and junior logistics officers.
Technical Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics and Business Management or logistics or a related discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Customer focused and able to manage conflict
- Team work, collaboration and relationship management
- Result focused, accountable and responsible
- Knowledge and Competences
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organization.
Job Title: Station Head
Role and Task Complexities
- Head responsibility for sales and marketing, business development and new account development to assure maximum transportation revenue is developed for station.
- Ensure station facility offers professional, clean and safe working atmosphere for all employees.
- Direct as well as train management staff for sound human relations plus operational skills.
- Ensure rules, directives and methods are conveyed to all station personnel and ensure safety procedures and programs are executed and maintained.
- Utilize entire superior communication skills with purpose to motivate staff as well as develop effective working relations with executives, peers and clients.
- Guide, lead and support managers daily on issues if any associated with human resources, operations, communication, standardizing procedures, revenue enhancement and systems applications.
- Develop and implement plans, policies and programs to attain anticipated company needs in areas of functional responsibility.
- Review evaluation of costs, activities, operations and anticipate data to identify progress toward established business development objectives and goals.
- Ensure tractor acquisition and movement is being expedited safely plus in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Technical Requirement
- B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering disciple
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position
Knowledge and Competences:
- Supervising Others and Conflict Resolution
- Team Building and Delegation
- Coaching and analytical Problem Solving skills.
- Emotional Intelligence and Communication Skills
- Performance management and Interviewing Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected]