Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator (M/F)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in healthforall policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Violence in the northeast of Nigeria has caused massive displacement and at the same time restricted movement. It has disrupted food supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited agricultural activities. Since February 2016, as humanitarian access is increasing, extreme food insecurity and malnutrition conditions have been revealed in Borno state. As of 3rd August, 1.82 million people are estimated to be displaced within/from of Borno state, 1.63 million of them actually stayed within the state. Most of them (more than 1.2m) are living in Maiduguri with the host community and others in formal and informal camps.
MdM has started since October 2016 an emergency response to this crisis, in the Borno state. In 2018, MdM strategy in Borno state focuses on improving access to:
- Free comprehensive primary healthcare services
- Quality nutrition treatment for malnourished children
- Mental health and psychosocial support
- Lifesaving medical care, holistic referral services for survivors of gender based violence
- Under the direct responsibility of the general coordinator, you are in charge of the overall Human Resources (HR) Management of the projects in order to guarantee rigorous and transparent procedures and to fulfill the objectives of the mission in the respect of MdM guidelines.
More specifically, your responsibilities are to:
- Contribute to the development of organizational charts
- Update the classification and salary grid and ensure its strict implementation on the bases
- Develop job profiles templates in the respect of the classification grid
- Develop contract staffs templates and ensure the strict implementation at field level
- Develop HR tools and supervise the implementation by all field teams
- Take part in disciplinary procedures and investigations
- Supervise the overall recruitment of national staffs
- Train the HR national team on the general administration procedures in place
- Develop and conduct HR management training on specific topics
- If needed, propose relevant adaptation to the national staff organisational chart
- Manage and support technically the HR officer
- Liaise with international NGOs HR coordinators incountry
- Elaborate HR reports and contribute to all other reports by providing relevant data related to your position
- Participate to the definition of HR needs in terms of writing project proposals and any amendments
- Update yearly evaluation template, explain and monitor its implementation
- Define and followup training plans for the national staff
- Supervise the administrative and payroll procedures and support the finance team to ensure timely accurate salary payments
- Ensure the accurate implementation of the conditions of employment and internal rules
Conditions of Employment
- Position based in Maiduguri with regular movements to Abuja
- Fixedterm contract: 9 to 12 months
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Break policy
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Single posting
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- Salary: 2 763 euros gross monthly salary on 13 months
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost (homework), vaccines and visas covered
- 22.5 RTT per year
- Diploma in Human Resources Management or similar education
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in human resources
- Organisational skills, capacity to take initiatives, diplomacy
- Ability to provide training
- Ability to work under stressful situation
- Languages: English fluent
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its nonstatutory, NFP model.
- Experience of 1 year minimum in a similar position with an I.NGO
- Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a moving and difficult legal context
- Excellent computer skills (Excel particularly)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 21st March, 2019.