Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions, founded in 1975. As a leader in platform and productivity for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, we believe in what people make possible. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. I am because we are” – the popular African proverb asserts. It also best describes our relationship with the continent of Africa over the last 20 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Account Manager
Job number: 552745
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- The Technical Account Manager (TAM) plans, manages and reviews the delivery of support services that drive outcomes aligned to customer’s IT and business goals.
- The TAM is also an escalation point, ensuring the customer receives a world class support experience, partner with other roles/TAMs in MCC/Nigeria to grow the Services business, also to ensure customer success in the acquisition, implementation, and usage/consumption of Microsoft’s cloud services, with implementation being the specific accountability of the TAM.
- The TAM develops and expands strategic customer relationships to grow the Services business and drive larger impact for the customer.
- Creates a strategic support relationship with key stakeholders within our customer organizations, including the IT Directors, CTO, CIO, and Line of Business leaders as well as technology professionals, to enable quality service delivery.
- The TAM must be a change agent by articulating the case for change and helping our customers evolve their IT maturity, drive productive use of Microsoft products, and enable and support IT to make the business more effective.
- TAMs focus on understanding the customer business and IT objectives in order to develop and manage the delivery of a comprehensive service delivery plan to enable customers to successfully operate, and consume, and hence realize the of value of Microsoft products and cloud services.
- The TAM is responsible for sustainable growth through routinely partnering with Sales and other Services personnel to strategize on ways to create new opportunities within the accounts they service.
- The TAM is responsible for the profitability of our services through portfolio management including contract consumption, contribution margin, operational expense management, and revenue growth, all in a manner consistent with Microsoft’s legal, fiscal and personnel policies.
- The TAM must be proficient in understanding the Premier and Unified Support Services portfolio and be able to articulate the value of these services to our customers.
- The TAM must be literate and conversant on the Microsoft technology, methodology, and procedures for its application.
- The TAM is responsible for excellent delivery of services across the entire support lifecycle, including Service Delivery Planning, Cloud consumption and usage, Service Delivery Management, Incident Management / Escalations and Proactive Remediation Services.
- The TAM will partner with our customers to ascertain their business and IT priorities in order to set a long-term strategy for service delivery that aligns to those objectives.
- This role requires strong communication skills and imaginative, bold thinking in all situations, as well as display executive presence and confidence.
- The TAM must be able to show leadership in supporting teams comprised of Microsoft, Partner and customer resources who may be engaged in the delivery of complex solutions.
- Proven experience in an Enterprise support environment with a strong understanding of corporate and public sector customer support needs.
- Consistently demonstrates strong organizational, communication, project management, change management, and problem-solving skills.
- Leads team orchestration to ensure support delivery needs for customers are met.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Microsoft certification preferred.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate preferred.
- Service delivery management experience.
- IT Solution Selling.
- Customer relationship management experience.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!