StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Co-ordinate with Project Manager, Engineers, Financial / Cost Accountant, Procurement and Commercial Team to ensure compliance in contracting, negotiating and effective costing of a project from start to end date.
- Review architectural plans and prepare quantity needs.
- Prepare cost analysis based on engineering estimates, architectural drawings, materials required and labour involved.
- Prepare cost plans to enable project team produce practical designs for all projects by liaising with engineers, architect and subcontractors.
- Commercial vetting of subcontractor tenders and contracts.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Advise on property taxes, regulations, and local laws.
- Source maintenance costs and facilities management for clients.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors.
- Utilize software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates.
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare.
- Evaluate and assist in negotiating tenders from contractors and subcontractors.
- Communicate regularly with project team and subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Supply all relevant information to the Head of Department and the Managing Director for review at the specified interval set.
- B.Sc / B.Tech Degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Engineering, Management, or any other relevant field.
- Candidate must be a certified member of NIQS, QSRBN and other Professional bodies.
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry.
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years experience inquantity surveying, general construction, FMCG or any other related field.
- Candidate must have required Professional Certificates.
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to lead and motivate working teams.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and Construction Costing Software (CANDY).
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solution.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports.
- Excellent reasoning, problem-solving and decision making ability.
- Analysis and interpretation of result.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and follow up skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications to: email@example.com using ‘QS-21’ as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only suitable applicants will be shortlisted and contacted for interviews.
Application Deadline 21st November, 2018.