Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant – Base Log Supply
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Supervisor: Base Logistician
Functional Supervisor: Mission Supply Logistician
- The Base log supply assistant (BLSA) works under the responsibility of the Base Logistician. He has functional links with the Mission supply logistician.
- Work in close collaboration with the pharmacist on all medical orders and deliveries done at national level by the National Supply Logistician;
- Follow up of medical item deliveries with the pharmacist
- Keep and update all logistic purchase files system
- Assist the pharmacist for stock management
- He supports the base logistician for all supply, storage and transportation responsibilities at base level:
- Realize purchasing at the better prices and qualities
- Ensure to follow all purchase process (under MDM procurement process)
- Any other additional duties requested by his supervisor
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – In collaboration with the base Log responsible for supervising the supply chain at base level:
- Responsible for local purchasing of goods for the mission, upon instruction and under the supervision of the MdM Purchasing procedures
- Ensure the implementation of supply procedure according to MDM procedure
- Monitor the supply, the deadlines, delivery dates;
- In collaboration with the base log, make sure that all purchase done by following the financial plan, cash forecast
- Check the Purchase dossier before sending for validation;
- Update the purchase follow up, and shared it with project team and Log base;
- Anticipate the supply activities related to projects and convey to purchaser on time
- Participate in project procurement plan
- Purchase goods ensuring the optimum price/quality ratio on the market
- Collecting quotations and checking prices for purchase of goods and services
- Ensure that the suppliers fill in all receipts/invoices for local purchases correctly
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester, collects the proof of delivery and proceeds to the validation of the invoices by the Admin team
- Do not accept money, loans, credits, gifts, entertainment or commissions from past, present or future suppliers.
Object 3 – Transport:
- Anticipate the transport needs for projects & office activities
- Make sure the safe & on time transportation of projects material to the field or between warehouse,
- For items send from the base to the clinics Maiduguri: In collaboration with the Log base team, anticipate the need of daily worker for of loading, and loading in each request make sure that the following information (Number of daily worker, purpose of work, volume, quantity, weight, duration). Be sure that the daily worker rate payment of MDM Nigeria is followed.
- Make sure that all transport document are in place and signed by the required staff, Way bill, packing list, contract, etc.
- Make sure that all materiel is checked when of loading before storage.
Objective 4 – Stock Management:
- For materiel coming from Maiduguri, none equipment: Check, record and put away goods received, under the supervision of the log base.
- Regularly check inventory levels (physical counts) for logistic stock.
- When an order is received: Check the number of packages, check packaging and content and inform the log base of any problems (missing or damaged goods, etc.).
- After receipt, puts the goods away following instructions of the log base.
- After receipt, immediately update the stock cards, recording the reference number of the receipt document, and put the goods away.
- Ensure that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
Objective 5 – Base meeting and report:
- Participate meetings with logistics base staff;
- Participate in logistics meetings and programs for the purchase update once a week,
- Update the supplier data list, on monthly basis.
- Update the data prices on monthly basis.
- Participate with the Log base at the monthly SITREP, each last week of the month
- Participate with the Log base at the Logistic monthly report each end of the month (none asset inventory, purchase follow up) and submitted to the log base.
Profile of the ideal Candidate
- Education (Essential) Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Professional Experience 2 Years
- Computer, Report Writing, fleet management, staff management Microsoft Word & Excel
- Report Writing
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (Speaking, Reading, Writing), Kanuri and Hausa are added advantage
- Personal Skills: Ability to work under tight deadlines, team-work, negotiation skils and flexible working hours
- Additional Skills: Ability to work in low resource field environments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Thank you for your interest in our organization, please answer each question clearly and completely.
- By submitting this form, you certify that the statement you made in answer to the foregoing questions are true, complete and correct, please do not send email, just fill this form.
- Kindly note that MDM Nigeria does not ever require nor accept any compensation whatsoever in exchange for recruitment
Application Deadline 27th November, 2018.