The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Scope of Work
- The Pharmacist is responsible for overall medical stock management, including maintenance of stock records, storage according to safe storage protocols, store-release and distribution to health facilities and mobile clinics.
- The Pharmacist reports to Health Manager, while working very closely with the Supply Chain Manager. The position is based in Damaturu, Yobe
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Health Manager or Health Coordinator in projecting drugs and medical supplies orders.
- Conduct quarterly supportive supervision on stock management at the PHC facilities and mobile clinics.
- Participate in continuous medical education program with the IRC health team.
- Conduct additional tasks as requested by the Health Manager.
- Sustain medical stock management system in Yobe warehouse, according to good pharmaceutical practices.
- Maintain stock records of incoming supplies and outgoing supplies
- Distribution to health facilities and mobile clinics according to requisitions endorsed by the Health Manager and adhering to First Expiry First Out principles
- Observe trends in drug consumptions and timely alert the Health Manager when supplies need to be replenished.
Data Collection and reporting:
- Provide weekly Stock report consumption report to the Health and Logistic manager.
- In collaboration with the health clinical officers ensure a direct supervision of the medical data collection and Drugs Consumption is measured against the caseloads.
- Ensure an accurate follow-up of the drugs consumption and the rational use of drugs by the partner health facilities, as well as analysis and reorientation, if necessary, in collaboration with the staff of the partner health care structures in charge of the pharmacy management and other key staff through periodic supportive supervision and on the Job Mentoring.
- Provide training to PHC facility staff on stock management and rational drugs prescribing, in line with Nigeria Ministry of Health and/or WHO treatment guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in humanitarian context is required.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and an experience in rational health commodities selection, forecasting/quantification, quality assurance spanning the PSM cycle, warehousing/storage, distribution, and LMIS is an advantage.
- Able to communicate in English language (written and spoken ), Hausa and Kanuri is a plus;
- Additional qualities: team worker, be flexible, and adaptability to transitions.
- Must possess a First degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with relevant licensing bodies and allowed to practice in Nigeria
- At least 1 year work experience in drugs and medical supplies management
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of drugs and medical supplies regulations of Nigeria
- This Position is located in Yobe, the situation in northeast Nigeria continues to be volatile and the security phase is orange or red depending on location. This is a national position.
- Monthly salary, 13Month Salary Inclusive, Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to “the Human Resources Coordinator, International Rescue Committee” via: [email protected] with “Pharmacy Technician, Yobe” as the subject of the mail.
Hand delivered application should be sent only to the IRC Yobe field Office.
Application Deadline 22nd November, 2018.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!