Bradfield Consulting is a professional service firm created to provide human resource solutions for organizations of any size. Our goal is to help our esteemed clients eliminate issues bordering on having incompatible or inexpert employees.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
- High level legal Advice:
- Lead the provision of high level legal advice and analysis in various areas of commercial legal practice.
- Identify and monitor emerging legal developments and key concerns relating to various areas of legal services.
- Conduct and oversee significant research into legal issues in various areas of legal services.
- Write, edit, and finalise reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas
- Cross check and ensure accuracy and sufficiency of legal advice etc. prepared by junior counsel prior to delivery to clients
- Monitor work flow of junior counsel
- Monitor on time delivery of legal services
- Conduct or ensuring training of newly hired employees
- Be able to step into leadership roles and assume responsibility as the need arises
- Ensuring filing of all processes and letters received
- Case file management: ensuring that case files are updated, accurately, endorsed, neatly stored and readily accessible.
- Business Development
- Growing the existing business with regard to volume, scope , quality and value of mandates
- In coordination with Partners, take the lead in responding to RFPs
- Attending networking events, seminars etc.
- Making client visits and promoting client’s business
- Coordinating Marketing Research and Training activities in line with the firms business development strategies and goals
- Business Management
- Supervising and monitoring issuance of invoices, payment of invoicing.
- Approving and monitoring expenses to be incurred by Junior counsel
- Policy development and implementation
- Develop procedures and policy manuals from time to time
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures. Ensure consistent application of policy across the organization, including by contributing to quality control functions.
- Ensure maintenance of the firm’s policy database.
- i) Contributing to development of the organization’s strategic and operational plans;
- ii) Drafting and/or editing relevant materials for publication; and
- iii) Undertaking any other duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Partners.
- First Degree in law
- Candidate must possess at least 3 years’ post call-to-bar experience as a legal counsel
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click Here To Apply
Job Title: Social Worker/Counsellor
- Provide quality assessment, case management, counselling, referral and follow up services always to clients.
- Provide initial crisis intervention counselling to clients as requested and needed.
- Provide support to the client during medical examinations and other procedures as requested.
- Work with the client to develop a plan for her next steps that is in line with her own choices, available options, and existing situation,
- Provide basic support and guidance to family members to help them provide on-going support to the clients at home and during the recovery process, per the situation.
- Provide support where feasible to clients requesting support for legal follow up.
- Conduct follow up with relevant service providers to which referrals were made.
- Help to monitor quality of service provision through regular feedback from clients and their families on services provided through feedback session, surveys, and other activities.
- Ensure all documentation on gender-based violence clients and services provided are updated, accurate, organized, and well-maintained. This includes client files, intake assessment forms, service delivery and referral documentation, and other forms and documents as required by the program.
- Ensure that all client files are well maintained in an appropriate storage facility that is, well protected and locked with restricted access always.Help ensure that absolute confidentiality is maintained always and, in all processes, per the survivors’ wishes.
- Enter client data into the Data Management System and assist with data collation and reports as required and requested. Provide inputs into other centre activity reports as requested/required.
- Assist the Centre Manager with other financial, logistical, and administrative tasks as requested and required at the centre
- Help the centre manager to ensure that the centre and its clients are reasonably safe and secure from external harm as feasible, and report incidents/seek assistance where needed.
- Candidates must possess at least 3 years’ experience in the direct provision of counselling or psychosocial support services to clients of gender-based violence, or alternatively adults & children in similar circumstances.
- Preferably female
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply the principles of providing quality service delivery for clients of gender-based violence in various settings and circumstances.
- Excellent listening and observation skills; ability to create a space of trust, support, respect, and confidentiality with clients of all ages and backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with different groups and stakeholders in strengthening referral pathways and coordination and raising awareness about gender-based violence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 13th December, 2018.