Medecins Sans Frontières is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Medecins Sans Frontières provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mission Pharmacy Manager
Location: Abuja, with possibility to travel to the projects.
Contract: Open Ended Contract with 208 working hours per month.
- Being responsible for the good maintenance of all drugs and equipment in the pharmacies and the appropriate storage and management of supply of narcotic and psychotropic medication.
- Facilitating correct stock management and transport/storage procedures
- Ensuring that all inventories of drugs and medical devices exist and are updated.
- Being responsible for follow-up of loans/donations and management of expired medications
- Planning and supervising, (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Participating in reporting according to MSF guidelines and reporting on drug consumptions and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns
- Supporting the HoM and MedCo in representing and defending MSF’s interests before the Ministry of Health and other local authorities or local.
- Ensuring a follow up of the National Drug Supply in projects where MSF is working in conjunction with MoH. Collaborating in budgeting and preparing drug and other medical material orders.
- Supervising the running of the pharmacies across the mission, ensuring the proper implementation of MSF Safety standards.
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator regarding the follow-up of EPREP planning and maintenance of medical emergency kits.
- Supporting and participating in all drug and medical material supply processes and ensuring its overall efficiency and effectiveness
- Monitoring the procurement process and taking corrective measures
- Essential Degree in Pharmacy / Pharmacy Management Diploma. Master level in Pharmacy is desirable
- Valid Practicing license for Pharmacy operation, and agrees to dedicate license to MSF-F for supply of medicines
- Essential two year experience in (hospital) pharmacy management, previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s is an advantage
- Fluent in written and oral English language is essential, Hausa is a plus
- Essential computer literacy in Word and Excel
- Desirable knowledge of “Isystock”.
- Monthly Gross salary of N503,900 (Five Hundred Three Thousand and Nine Hundred Naira only) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit hard copies of their Applications (CV, Pharmacy Educational Certificates, Experience Certificates, Valid Practicing licence and Cover Letter with contact details) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 23rd December, 2018.
- Pease make sure to submit your application on or before the deadline.
- Only those with complete documents will be reviewed.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for a written test.