Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, a reputable Oil & Gas firm located in Port Harcourt, Rivers is looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: PDMS Administrator
Job Type: Contract (Renewable)
Duration: 6 Months
- Ensure that the requirements are followed so that the resultant 3D PDMS model is consistent, easy to navigate and clash free.
- Project specific customization of system and writing macros as per project needs and for further checking the quality of PDMS outputs.
- Lead and operate as a part of a team of engineers and designers for setting up and maintaining PDMS 3D model for full engineering life of a project.
- Assist the Project Lead Piping engineer by generating various reports to ensure the quality of design.
- Act as the document custodian for producing and maintaining the 3D modelling procedure.
Practical Application of Skills:
- Review overall plot plan of the project & divide the plant to optimum number of construction areas in consultation.
- Create PDMS model based on 3D modelling procedure with the required databases, teams and users and access rights according to PDMS Administration, Audit & control.
- Perform routine checks on model and create required reports from PDMS model for Layout / Material groups.
- Extract MTO from PDMS model for uploading to VPRM or any material management system used in the project.
- Upload specification files generated by VPRM in PDMS & check the completeness and correctness of items uploaded in PDMS.
- Setup ISODRAFT module for generating isometrics as per project & client specifications / documents & resolve and trouble shoot isometric errors.
- Update model review files in NAVIS WORKS format on daily basis and copy them to project server for the use of all discipline engineers.
Technical and Commercial Leadership:
- Supervise and guide the team of designers for modeling on day to day basis for project & trouble shooting. Resolves planning/budgeting problems, responsible for quality and safety for discipline activities. Responsibility for all discipline design work executed under the contract or project.
- Required to be able to lead discipline designers to ensure project delivery, technical quality of work produced by the team. Provide input to project planning as part of the project team for achieving the target and completion within the budget and schedule; ensuring that all engineering work is carried out in accordance with Asset priorities and schedules.
- Plan, budget and coordinate resources, contribute to the development of the plans, schedules and estimates for the individual work scopes. Assist for estimation of software and hardware requirement based on work volume.
- Review and report job progress and cost reports regarding engineering activities, identification of increase or reduction in scope, raising the necessary support documents for Project Control Purposes
Communication Skills required:
- Prepare and deliver appropriate presentations
- Computer literate in Microsoft packages and required design software packages.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Provide a level of technical support that satisfies the appropriate Asset Safety Case and that the PFEER performance standards are not compromised by any Discipline Engineering Activities.
- Must be conversant and knowledgeable with respect to current and new legislation and standards.
- Ensure that all work complies with the Contract HSEQ policies and procedures as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Engineering related field with OFFSHORE BROWNFIELD EXPERIENCE.
- Min of 10 years’ experience as a PDMS ADMINISTRATOR with sound knowledge of discipline such as Electrical, Instrument, Mechanical, Piping, Structural.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word Format) to: email@example.com using the “PDMS Administrator” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 21st December, 2018.
Note: Only qualified Candidates would be shortlisted.