Development Alternatives, Inc (DAI) is an international global consulting firm headquartered in the USA with offices in the UK and Nigeria. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration
Locations: Northern and Southern Nigeria
- The Program will work in Northern and Southern States for a duration of five years on issues of effectiveness, accountability and transparency at the state and local governments levels.
- The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for overseeing activity operations, including but not limited to: human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontracts, and accounting/finance.
- The Director also develops the financial capacities of all relevant staff and grantees under this program.
- This individual develops internal control measures, conducts internal audits, and coordinates external financial audits for program.
- The Director also prepares budgets for annual work plans and financial reports for submission to U SAID.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English4 proven supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
- Experience in managing and administering grants under contract.
- Experience in building or enhancing civil society organization financial management capacity.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs.
- To be eligible for this program, candidates must have prior work experience on USAID or any donor-funded programs. Women who meet the qualifications above are encouraged to apply.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent, and an ACA/ACCA/CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification.
- Ability to develop and manage large budgets, and in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards.
- Progressively responsible experience supervising project operations, from human resources to auditing and accounting/finance.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV by e-mail to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com
Application Deadline 14th December, 2018.
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.