Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store keeper
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature. Keeping a special control of “sensitive” goods: numbers of lots, expiry dates, packaging and special storage conditions
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured. Immediately informing the line manager of any problems arising in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, attempted break-ins or theft in the warehouse
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports.
- Executing the stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and/ or other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Desirable Diploma in Warehouse Management or related studies
- Previous experience as storekeeper desirable
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: [email protected] with the subject as “Storekeeper”
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Application Deadline 4th January, 2019.