Olam Nigeria is a leading company in the Agricultural and Packaged Foods sector in Nigeria and has been the leading exporter in Nigeria’s non-oil sector in the last several years.
At Olam manufacturing has become an essential part of our growth story & Manufacturing, Innovation & Procurement Services (MIPS) as a function plays a critical role globally. MIPS manages a network of 210 manufacturing plants and 2 Development centers across 10 Business units in 19 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager
- Engineering Manager will be responsible for the overall Engineering, Maintenance activities of the factory including improvement Projects.
- He will accountable for overall performance of all Process & Utility equipments including with high level OEE with ensuring the effective spares part management system and vendors relationship , he will have to drive health and safety policies within the system.
- Spare parts inventory management (Maintain adequate level of spares part as cost effective system)
- Vendors relationship for services and spares for timely back-up
- Process optimization
- Safety Policies implementation and develop strong culture of Safety practices.
- Handle govt agencies for environmental issues
- Generate and adhere to R& M budget & CAPEX proposals
- Generate daily /weekly/monthly engineering reports
- Maintain equipment history cards
- Contract Management
- Strong follow-up for LT/HT Electrical Installations ( existing ) for proper maintenance.
- Monitoring of Gen Sets, boilers , chillers , Air compressors , WTP , ETP on daily basis for energy efficient operation.
- Identify training needs and provide on-job /internal training.
- Generate & implement a comprehensive engineering plan for the Factory.
- Implement preventive & corrective maintenance system for all the equipment.
- Generate drawings for new modification / improvement plan
- Monitor daily records of Energy and down time
- Trouble shooting with good team building
- Prove hands-on skill and train junior team for repair of different equipment
- Monitor performance of packaging m/c’s for Technical efficiency
- Maintain high level of OEE for overall Plant
- Down time analysis
What we seek:
- Knowledge of PLC is added advantage
- You should possess strong team and analytical skills, strategic thinking & leadership abilities
- An enthusiasm to work in an unstructured environment will always add value
- Your ability to communicate effectively will be an enhancer for this role especially as part of a team
- You should be able to understand business issues outside of one’s area of expertise
- 10-20 years’ hands-on practical experience preferably in medium /large food processing industry in Engineering & Maintenance , last 5 yrs as head of the department
- Work experience with Dairy/ Beverage Plant with APV /Tetra Pak processing system is essential
- Strong Knowledge of Utilities is must
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply