Centre for Global Solutions and Sustainable Development (CENGSSUD) is a multi-focused/dimensional Think-Tank and a not-for-profit making organisation with the primary objective of advancing sustainable development and contributes to seeking practical and workable solutions to the world’s global issues through research, policy development/analysis, advocacy, advisory, capacity development and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern/Volunteer
- Do something exciting and different this year and take part in an internship and volunteer opportunity with us. It’s really going to be an opportunity to learn, develop your experience, skills, meet people, network as we shall be having a very busy year and beyond.
- Our internship and volunteer programs are all built around implementing long-term, sustainable solutions to problems we’ve identified. You’ll use your time, energy, and skills to help promote activities in achieving those goals.
- You will work in a diversified and challenging environment, which allows very active involvement with increasing responsibilities in a diversified, high-performing, agile, dynamic team.
- Whatever project you do, use this time to boost your resume, and use it at a later stage as a conversation starter during university or job interviews.
What does the role consist of?
The successful candidates will assist the organization and senior personnel on a number of activities which includes:
- Drafting compelling content and contribute to the monthly newsletter and other publications and platforms
- Drafting and layout of creatives and project materials
- Media, member and issues monitoring, media contact research and outreach
- General administrative tasks
- Planning and developing social media content to engage target audiences and spread awareness
- Assisting with event communications
- Ensuring website maintenance and daily/regular updates
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Fluent in English, excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to communicate formally and professionally.
- Understanding of corporate communications
- Strong Social media skills and presence
- Corporate Sustainability and Sustainable Development skill is a plus
- Interest in developing online communication website, newsletters, social media, etc.
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task and respond rapidly to a number of simultaneous requests
- Strong experience with MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and a go-getter attitude!
- Resourceful with an appreciation for design and interest in creative communications
- Experience with Adobe softwares (InDesign, Adobe PDF Pro, PhotoShop etc). is a plus
- Solid proofreading skills
- First Degree is a plus
What you will achieve
- Ability to Attend at least 6 of our Corporate Sustainability Masterclasses/Trainings and get certificate
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally with our sustainability Advisory and Academy team
- Ability to get quality and career impacting resources from the pool of our sustainability library
- Ability to get permanent job with us if shown commitment, capacity, dedication and drive results.
- And many more rewarding opportunities
- Opportunity to learn practical Sustainability Advisory/Consulting skills from our Advisors
- Ability to engage in our projects and get remunerations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 10th January, 2019.