Unico Flooring Distributors, Inc. is a full-service commercial flooring distributor located in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas; providing highest quality products and services to our customers all across the United States.
We manufacture, distribute and install top quality Vinyl Plank, Wood, Tile, Porcelain, Cork, Ceramic, Carpet, Bamboo and Granite Counter Top products in Commercial, Multi-Family/Apartment/Senior Living Centers, Healthcare, Hospitality and Retail construction.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Construction Estimator
Locations: Lagos and Ibadan-Oyo
Job Type: Full-time
- We have immediate openings for Commercial Construction Estimators to join our office in Lagos and Ibadan. The team provides estimation for general contractors and Division 06, 08 and 09 sub contractors all over the United States.
- Review bid documents, examine plans and specifications to prepare a complete scope of work.
- Assist pre-construction/sales staff with preparing bids while quantifying and qualifying all material quantities.
- Perform take-offs and prepare bid packages using estimating and bidding software
- Receive requests for estimating and gather necessary information such as plans, bidding manuals, specifications, addenda, revisions to jobs in progress, etc.
- Research material requirements including finish goods, trims, accessories, installation methods.
- Follow up with bids or prospects to close transactions
- Provide superior customer service to clients to ensure satisfaction, return & referral.
- Communicate with internal and external sources, and be ready to work flexible hours to ensure project deadlines are met and clients are happy.
- Work closely with the Pre-qualifications Manager to communicate challenges and collaborate on solutions, for an efficient distribution of workload.
- Bachelor’s Degree with First Class or Second Class Upper preferred. Master’s Degree highly encouraged.
- Degree in Architecture, Quantity Survey, Civil Engineering or any environmental or engineering discipline preferred.
- 0 to 5 years of related experience in an Estimator or comparable role working on commercial building construction projects.
- Strong ability to read construction documents, understand construction scopes and specification, and prepare professional bids is required.
- High level problem solving skills along with the ability to locate potential problems and prepare and present multiple options and solutions to address these problems.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to contact general contractors and vendors for clarifications to plans and specifications.
- To succeed in this position, you must be a self-starter and able to take initiative.
- Knowledge of Division 06, 08 and 09 a must (flooring, ceiling, drywall, painting, doors, countertops, mill work, etc).
- Ability to perform detailed and accurate material take-offs.
- Strong work ethic and comfortable working within a team environment to achieve maximum collaboration and timely results.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 15th February, 2019.