Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Contract: 6 months fixed term (renewable)
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Finance and Accountancy Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Finance and Accountancy Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Any other administrative task delegated by the Finance and Accountancy Manager or Finance Coordinator.
- Execute administrative and finance related tasks and follow up of accountancy to support the Finance and Accountancy Manager following MSF standard and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources to achieve project objectives
- Implementing cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, assisting the Finance and Accountancy Manager in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning in order to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Processing the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any sort of disparity
- Carrying out all accounting tasks and activities, classifying, preparing and filing of all accounting pieces in accounting software, in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Desirable Finance, Business or administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- English language essential. Local language desirable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: [email protected] with as subject “Finance Assistant’’
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference
Application Deadline 22nd January, 2019