Chez Moi Apartments is a decent and tastefully furnished accommodation situated in the heart of Ikeja GRA. The apartments offers the right blend of luxury and warm service ideal for corporate, holiday and business travelers seeking space and privacy in a secure accommodation with additional freedom of self-catering.
We require the services of suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager
- Responsible for the overall success of the Service Apartment, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met.
- Manages all areas of the hotel in accordance with Brand standards to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality. Provides exemplary performance for staff to follow.
- The General Manager will report directly to the Chairman
- Ensure Service Apartment standards contribute to the delivery of consistent guest service.
- Implement and practices guest service initiatives.
- Maintain guest service as the driving philosophy of the Service Apartment
- Demonstrates a commitment to guest service by responding to guests’ needs.
Marketing and Sales Management:
- Develop and implement marketing and action plans based on demand segments to maximize revenue per available apartment.
- Coordinate advertising, public relations, and promotional programs.
- Prepare annual budget that accurately reflects the Service Apartment’s business plan.
- Ensure Service financial control procedures for cash, vouchers, inventories and receivables, and that these procedures are regularly followed.
- Produce accurate, timely financial reports.
- Translate business plans into action and manages those actions toward the achievement of revenue and cost objectives.
Human Resource Management:
- Ensure personnel files are accurate and comply with both local and federal laws and regulations.
- Administer personnel policies fairly and consistently.
- Help to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports.
- Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, training, performance planning and evaluation and pay/reward programs to maintain a qualified workforce.
- Maintain physical product standards by managing preventive maintenance programs and by scheduling deep-cleaning activities.
- Personally conducts a weekly property audit with the Service Apartment’s maintenance supervisor and executive housekeeper.
Preferred Qualifications and Essential Competencies
Key Qualifications include:
- Must possess a very strong marketing skill and network
- Relevant Certifications from hospitality regulatory boides or agencies will be an added advantage
- Solid understanding of preventative maintenance and budget management
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to partner internally and externally to achieve results
- Solid problem solving abilities with the ability to coach and mentor others in this capacity
- Ability and willingness to respond to afterhours calls for critical issues and provide weekend coverage
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Catering and Hotel Management, Home Economics, Business Administration, and in related field; masters preferred
- At least 10 years experience in the hospitality sector especially in service apartments/hotels
- At least 5 years experience in a similar or senior managerial position
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications (Cover Letter and CV) to the “Human Resource Manager” via: [email protected]
Application Deadline 25th January, 2019.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Timely information is key to getting a job. Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!