IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Legal Counsel, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide relevant and creative legal advice on disputes and claims affecting the company’s interests.
- Research developments in the law and conduct regular reviews of judgements that affect the business.
- Attend court sessions.
- Analyze court actions to ensure timely resolution and reduction of the company’s litigation portfolio, including proactive initiatives on settlement of fresh court matters.
- Provide prompt and professional response to escalated legal issues on access denial and ancillary disputes.
- Review court processes served on the company and provide legal opinion with respect to the claims contained therein against the business.
- Review processes drafted on behalf of the company by external solicitors.
- Liaise with relevant units in resolving emerging disputes between the company, landlords, and host communities.
- Discuss with various units within the company to creatively achieve a proactive and sustainable legal protection of the business.
- Manage the company’s dispute resolution database.
- Advise on statutory compliances required to avoid lawsuits by the government or their agencies against the business.
- Brief external solicitors selected from the company’s registered pool to represent the company in disputes or as may be required.
- Represent the company in arbitrations, mediations, negotiations, and meetings for the purpose of resolving disputes in the interest of the business.
- Follow up on cases in court and provide weekly and monthly reports.
- Interact with external counsel to devise strategies to resolves disputes involving the company.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Law; Master’s will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of +6 years’ relevant work experience.
- Client Engagement
- Analytical Thinking
- Commercial Awareness
- Legal Professional Skills
- Litigation Management
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply