Mountain View Consulting – Our client, a new Entrant into the Telecom Sector is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Marketing
- The Head of Marketing will devise and evaluate a commercial strategy across the company so as to achieve the company’s business plan and to assist the CEO in operational functions.
- Key duties: formulation of the Commercial (Marketing, Sales, Service) mission, annual objectives, budgets and operational strategies and achievement of same; formulation of a rolling 3 year Marketing / Sales / Service Roadmap.
- The Head of Marketing will be responsible also for achieving all technical/non-technical objectives and targets; develop/Implement commercial plans to maximize on subscriber and revenue growth.
- Develop and implement high standard marketing collateral and publicity
- Devise and implement tactical marketing plans for the promotion of the company, events and programs aimed at increasing engagement with key audiences’ onsite and online.
- To initiate, maintain and deliver on innovative marketing and communications strategies of the company.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategy including web, social media, print and face to face, marketing and branding to further the company’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and provide marketing, communication, publication and public relations services and advice.
- Develop and deliver, together with our external communications agency, the media strategy and develop relationships with media stakeholders to ensure maximum positive exposure of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic Planning & Policy:
- Responsible for developing and driving an innovative the company marketing and communications plan as an integral part of the overall strategy.
- Responsible for contributing to the development of the overall strategic plan particularly in relation to marketing and communications strategies.
- Develop and manage the work-plan for the company’s external communications agency.
- Identify future needs, trends and resources for effective marketing of the company.
Marketing and Communications:
- Produce key corporate communications documentation, strategic documents and annual report.
- Source and where appropriate provide media and communications training for staff.
- Keep a watching brief on and make recommendations with regards to brand development.
- Following strategy guidelines, create clear brand messages which are promulgated across all marketing campaigns.
- Draft high quality communications ensuring appropriate content, tone, brevity and consistency.
- Undertake strategic communications audit and develop communication strategies for engaging both internal and external stakeholders on matters of strategic importance.
- Plan for and maximize customer participation in consultation and feedback opportunities.
Update the Marketing & Communications:
- Plan on an annual basis, including activities for: the use of social media and the opportunities presented by mobile technologies; advertising; support for website, Intranet, print management; copy‐checking management; management of the filming of an agreed portfolio of the company’s activities.
- Provide content, production and design advice for all marketing publications and collateral including, as required, developing new publications and other collateral opportunities to assist in achieving targets.
- Manage external suppliers e.g. the communications agency and e.g. branding / production companies and research agencies.
- Develop and execute media strategy Develop and proactively maintain positive internal and media relationships to ensure maximum positive exposure and media coverage to strengthen the reputation of the company.
- Researches, strategizes and proactively finds media opportunities in both national and international media Develop and manage networking and engagement programmes to enhance the company’s relationship with stakeholders.
- Ensure the systematic collection, review and analysis of market information to identify competitor tactics, market trends, new opportunities and challenges.
- Help shape key the company’s events to target audiences which exemplify and communicate brand values.
- Advise on event planning to improve audience experience and ensure the communication of key messages and appropriate brand values.
- Manage all communications strategies, including marketing collateral, corporate publications and media releases to maximize promotion and reach of activities
- Contribute to the development of the marketing and communications budget
- Actively manage the expenditure budget formulation for the marketing and communications area and monitor actual spend against budget within the overall operating budget, exercising control and accountability to ensure planned outcomes are achieved.
- Provide forecast expenditure updates to the Financial Controller on an as needs basis.
- Monitor and report on the evaluation of marketing and communications initiatives.
- Maintain and circulate marketing effectiveness analysis Provide operational and analytical reports as required, including Board reports.
- As a key external manager in public representation, uphold the values and promote the profile of the company.
- Performs other related duties as assigned, which may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description.
- Manage marketing team – including managing performance reviews and development.
Key Performance Measures:
- Cutting edge and effective marketing and communication strategies developed and implemented for both brand-focused and production-related campaigns.
- Increased audience/user base with growth in revenue
- Increased profile and brand awareness, with clear and consistent messaging across all communication platforms
- Highest level of patron engagement and customer service delivered across the organization
- Efficient budget management and delivery of activities and campaigns within allocated resources
Educational Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in the management, promotion and delivery of corporate communication strategic and operational activities.
- Demonstrated experience in event management, public relations and/or media relations and marketing campaign.
- Experience in developing effective marketing collateral across print and electronic media.
- Experience in managing websites, online content, e-marketing and social media
- Experience in applying and interest in latest developments in media trends, information technology and provision of virtual communications
- Experience working in a telecommunication industry is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Communications, or Business Administration/ Journalism with Major in Marketing or Communications, or related field is required.
- Master’s degree in Marketing / Communications or related is preferred.
- A knowledge and understanding of media, including social media.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in Telecommunication Industry is essential.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Copy writing and editing skills, including experience in writing publications, newsletters and online content.
- Demonstrated ability to manage innovative and professional website, intranet, social media and other digital applications to maximise community and staff engagement.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills with proven ability to work within a team environment.
- Proven ability to manage expenditure budgets and maximising their effectiveness.
- Passion and enthusiasm to contribute to an innovative environment.
- Team supervision
- A strong commitment to the company’s mission and values, being Passion, Integrity, Care and Innovation.
- Self-starter: you need to be able to work independently, and take decisions autonomously
- Strong organisation and time management: an ability to prioritise, to work flexibly, to work to tight deadlines; to complete tasks
- Project management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an ability to develop innovative and creative solutions to marketing problems.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to interact with both high level managers and directors and external clients.
- Exceptional relationship management skills Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application in confidence by email attaching their detailed/latest CV to: email@example.com using the Job title as the subject of the mail.