Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-profit organization committed to creating opportunities for young people’s successful transition to productive adulthood. Since its establishment in 1989, AHI has served as an advocate and catalyst for creating better life options for young people in Nigeria. By working in partnership with local and international donors, AHI has helped to bring young people issues into the public domain and gotten state governments and the Federal government to take a stand in support thereof.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
- The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for testing all specimens received in the laboratory including documentation of all lab resources and activities.
- Maintain inventory of all laboratory equipment and stocks and protect them against damage, loss and theft.
- Receive, register and document other necessary forms for all clients coming for services
- Supervise Cleaner to ensure general cleanliness of the Clinic including the consulting rooms, reception, toilets and environs.
- Sterilization of all laboratory equipment
- Prepare, filter and stock reagents
- Analyse all specimens received from clients
- Collate and record all data/statistics on the specimen being diagnosed
- Prepare monthly reports on laboratory activities
- First Degree / HND in Medical Laboratory Technology, Medical Laboratory Sciences
- 2-3 years’ relevant working experience
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Mature, youth-friendly and tactful personality
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other units when necessary
- Good technical skills and ability to learn use of new tools quickly
- Good judgment and discretion when dealing with sensitive topics
- Able to interact with young people and handle multiple interruptions while staying on track
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter to: [email protected] , attaching your current resume and copies of relevant educational credentials. All attachments must be in PDF format. Clearly state the position you are applying for and your full names in the subject area of the email as follows: “Laboratory Technician- ADAOBI ZAINAB OREOFE”
Application Deadline 11th January, 2019.
Note: We will not accept phone calls and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.