Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey in the position below:
Job Title: Senior Web Engineer – Jumia
Job Type: Full Time
- Construct and verify (unit test) software components to meet design specifications
- Take ownership for your code to be qualitatively high and you will support your colleagues in code reviews
- Respect and follow the code of conduct, general rules and principles of the company.
- Design and implementation of web-based services that are high performing and scalable
- Expand our micro-services architecture
- Evolve your technical capabilities to the next level while using state-of-the-art technologies
- Work with a multidisciplinary team (Developers; DevOps, QA Engineers, Product Owners) oriented to continuous delivery
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with web-oriented technologies (Java/J2EE, GoLang, NodeJS)
- Strong experience with ORM (Hibernate) and SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of product development best practices, continuous delivery and testing (Version control, Unit-Testing or Continuous integration and delivery)
- Passion to analyze and solve complex technical problems
- Aware of Performance and Security topics on web development
- Experience with Agile Methodology.
- 7+ years of web engineering experience at strong software companies
- Solid knowledge in software engineering principles, algorithms, data structures and Object Oriented Design
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!