CityCode Mortgage Bank Limited is a duly registered Primary Mortgage Bank that has remained healthy since inception in 1992. We are set up for the purpose of providing mortgage loans and assisting customers in accessing National Housing Fund Loan through Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
- Obtain information from departments for briefing external lawyers, where necessary and assist in collating Legal Reports, Documents/Correspondence on Litigation
- Daily monitoring and reporting of news with particular emphasis on industry related news
- Preparation of monthly report of updates on pending litigation(s) on company and the funds for the sign off of the Company Secretary/Legal adviser
- Good grasp of CAMA and PRA 2014 including PenCom Guidelines
- Maintain and update, in conjunction with the Company Secretary, all statutory books and any other tasks he may be required to do
- Provides assistance in preparing, drafting and vetting all agreements.
- Conduct legal research to assist the Company Secretary in rendering accurate legal opinion and high standard of commercial practice
- Render returns at CAC, submit forms and other Statutory Notices to CAC for filing and obtain certified true copies
- Assist the Company Secretary in proper documentation/ record keeping of all matters
- Update list of contracts, guarantees, indemnities and security documents, titles, leases, licenses etc, and ensure proper records are obtained and kept
- Update list of litigation-cases database regularly and provide monthly reports on cases and law firm handling it
- Assist in preparation, collation and binding of Board Papers
- Conduct investigations internal and external to outline legal issues affecting the Company and proffer solutions
- Provide effective support for the management of the Company Secretariat function including drafting of minutes, resolutions and excerpts of minutes
- Minimum of Second Class Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- 4 – 7 years working experience
- LLM would be added advantage
- Must be Male and should have been called to the Nigerian bar.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV/Resume to: [email protected] indicating the job title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 18th January, 2019.