Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
We are recruiting to to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Line Supervisor: Monitoring And Evaluation Supervisor
Contract Duration: 5 Months With Possibility Of Extension
Status: Full Time
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
The Data Officer will be responsible for the following main activities in accordance with MdM procedures:
- Data management on the corresponding forms and tools
- Update and maintenance of database (data, formulas, graphs…)
- Report and alert to the line manager any problem arising with data provided or database.
- Receive the data from the project team or if not, collect it
- Enter medical data in the mission database appropriately and on a regular basis (from mobile teams and supported health facilities)
Data Report Design:
- Update the standard monitoring tool designed on Excel
- Contribute to designing various studies (surveys, new forms…)
- Produce GIS maps for program purposes
- Create and generate relevant graphs to show the data developments/movements
- Support the development of database in collaboration with coordination team if needed
Field Monitoring Supervision:
- Supportive supervisions of mobile clinics team to support and improve field data collection
- Conduct regular field visits to verify data collected on different activities
- Conduct onthejob trainings on data collection at the base office and field locations
- Assist the M&E Supervisor on M&E activities in designated site(s)
- Direct supervision of registrars in mobile clinics to ensure data quality
- Review documents, reports etc for data analysis.
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Medical Supervisor/Health Program Coordinator
- B.A/S or equivalent in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, Social Sciences, International Development or other relevant field.
Professional Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the nonprofit sector in Data Management Monitoring & Evaluation, or Information and Knowledge Management.
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Knowledge of the use of GIS applications a plus
- Experience working in a multiorganizational team (international and national partners) is a plus.
- Ability to work under less supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English required, including report development, writing and editing.
- Proficient in the use of SPSS, Epi Info, and other statistical applications
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Excellent skills in Excel and data analysis are required for this position, and will be tested at interview
- Excellent Information Technology skills
- Ability to think independently and identify data discrepancies
- Experience designing and implementing electronic data collection methods
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements for medical data is a plus
- Fluency in English and Hausa required
- Competences and required qualities
Rigor and Organisation Skills:
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Statistical analysis skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th February, 2019.