Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Associate
- The candidate will be responsible for developing an integrated communications strategy for the company incorporating PR, Marketing and Online. Implementing communications with the aim of increasing brand awareness and recognition for the organization.
- This position involves media, presentations, blogging, industry-specific conferences, social media, sales and marketing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Any other responsibility assigned by management
- Create, develop and manage content (images, video and written).
- Conduct online advocacy
- Develop and expand community and/ or blogger outreach efforts
- Design (i.e. website, social media, newsletter, brochures, books, communication materials etc.)
- Design templates for consulting reports and presentations
- Design, create and manage promotions and campaigns
- Organize social media events for the company on key issues related to agriculture and nutrition
- Drive efforts to build the brand and create broad-based awareness in the public domain
- Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Strong graphic design skills Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, good team player, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Highly flexible and ability to set priorities
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of French is an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Digital Marketing, Business Administration, New Media or Public Relations.
- Previous experience as a communications associate, digital marketer or PR expert for a similar organization would be a strong advantage.
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications and presentation skills are essential.
- Proven working experience in social media or related field.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing and proof-reading (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, Conversion Rate Optimization and Search Engine Optimization is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: ‘Communications Associate #SC292019’.
- Qualified and interested applicants are advised to apply.
- Due to high volume of applications received, please understand that we are only able to contact those who meet the minimum-qualifications.