DORNIM Solicitors (“DORNIM”) is a commercial legal practice committed to providing exceptional legal advisory and support services to our clientele. In order to deliver world class service in accordance with international best practices, DORNIM possesses solicitors with the technical competence, commercial pragmatism, and excellent interpersonal skills required to ensure that all deliverables are executed efficiently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Energy Associate
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
- Providing expert legal support and advice to clients
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements
- Advising clients on legal/regulatory and policy developments in the Energy Sector
- Advising on legal and regulatory issues in projects and transactions
- Negotiating and drafting of commercial agreements and transnational agreements
- Researching law and drafting opinions, articles etc.
- Conducting Due Diligence investigations
- Attending to smaller matters and aspects of larger matters independently.
- Advising on financing of Energy projects and transactions
- Advising on acquisition and disposal of assets
- Carrying out Company secretarial duties and other commercial law matters
- Meeting and managing local and international clients
- Minimum of one (1) year experience gained working as a lawyer in a commercial law firm or as an in-house lawyer in an Energy company
- LL.B, B.L are required (LLM is an added advantage)
- Excellent academic background
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Should be smart and presentable
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work with very minimal or no supervision and also able to work in a team
- Good Microsoft Office Skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point and Outlook).
- Must have knowledge and experience in any of Power, Environment, Mining, Maritime, or Oil and Gas industries
- Excellent grasp of commercial law and corporate matters in general
- Experience in Company Secretarial duties will be an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using “Energy Associate” as the subject of the e-mail.
Note: This is purely a corporate/commercial role involving no litigation
Application Deadline 25th January, 2019.