Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss NGO focusing on child rights. It is active in more than 30 countries with development and emergency projects. Tdh focuses its action on the two following areas of intervention: health and protection of particularly vulnerable children. Modern management and communication tools ensure the quality of Tdh’s projects. The Foundation constantly aims to improve its services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Worker
Location: Monguno and Maiduguri, Borno
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: End 31st March, 2019.
- The purpose of the position is to support the most vulnerable and at-risk boys, girls, men and women through provision of safe and confidential case management services implemented in accordance with the Inter-agency Case Management Guidelines.
- The post holder will be in charge of implementing case management activities in the Borno State areas ensuring high-quality case management service delivery.
- The post holder shall be ready to be mobile and conduct a significant part of his/her work in outreach.
- The job location depends on assignment and might change based on project’s evolving needs.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Regularly monitor and provide support to individuals through home visits, providing guidance, advice and emotional support, community mediation and referrals
- Work with the Case Management Team Leader to arrange case conferences for complex child protection cases and ensure children receive multidisciplinary support
- Manage cases in line with the SOPs, adhere to standard documentation processes and follow best practice guidance
- Regularly document cases using agreed upon forms, update databases to ensure a comprehensive record of the case
- Ensure that data collection and storage respect data protection protocols and confidentiality principle
- Ensure that the consent/assent to proceed with the case management is sought
- Identify, map and network with external service providers and ensure that an effective referral system is made available
- Establish and maintain positive and efficient relations with target beneficiaries, communities and all the other actors responding to the crisis
- Seek for synergies to optimize resources and time and strengthening services for the beneficiaries whenever possible
- When needed, accompany beneficiaries to external services providers in order to assist and facilitate their access to different type of services
- Participate in surveys and data collection when required
- Ensure timely submission of plans and reports to the line manager
- To be willing to work with a flexible working schedule (weekends included)
- Implementation of case management activities for vulnerable and at-risk boys, girls, men and women
- Accept and handle referrals of protection cases done by governmental authorities and/or child protection agencies in accordance with the standardized case management steps and procedures
- When requested, conduct community outreach for the identification of the most vulnerable and at risk populations
- Conduct assessments and prioritize them according to the risk level of each individual
- Develop an initial individual action plan for new identifications and ensure re-assessment of referred cases based on the evolving needs of beneficiaries
- Regularly follow up the assigned case to ensure all services and action points listed in the case plan are carried out within agreed timeframes. Ensure that progress is regularly reviewed.
- Promote, and ensure project activities are in line with child protection principles and humanitarian principles
- Ensure the project activities are well-integrated into the Northeastern Nigeria child protection system and humanitarian coordination practices and guidelines
- Ensure Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the programmatic activities
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the Child Protection Project Manager. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
Coordination and Representation:
- Work in close collaboration with Tdh partners and other key actors
- Coordinates with other Tdh sectors to ensure implementation of standardized activities and with other departments (programme and support) of Tdh Nigeria
- Participate in fora and meetings held at site level in her/his field of expertise, when relevant and necessary
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software
- Other: Knowledge of protection systems in Northeastern Nigeria/ Excellent knowledge of protection issues and best practices (Child Protection and SGBV) / Previous experience in dealing with complex child protection cases is highly desirable.
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University Degree in Social Work, Social Studies, Psychology/Child’s Psychology, Counseling or any other related discipline
- Work Experience: Minimum 1 year experience in the field of child protection / protection/ SGBV/ social work / case management
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations;
- Acquaintance with the Child Protection Minumim Standards, good knowledge of the Inter-agency Guidelines for Case Management and Child Protection
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Work in relief or development sector
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Transversal skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit copies of their updated CV, Letter of Motivation and National ID card and 3 reference contacts in a single document format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please write the job title in the subject line of your mail.
- The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- Save CV with your name boldly.
- Both female are encourage to apply
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to Nigerian national only.