Abt Associates – The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance – as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Expert
Req ID: 59883
Duration: The length of the programme is 8 years and will be due to start in November 2019.
- The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries
- We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance – as well as in international evaluation
- Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
- Abt Associates is seeking long-term International Health Experts for a health systems strengthening programme in Nigeria, funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID)
- We are looking for a range of expertise with proven experience in the following technical areas in Nigeria at the institutional level:
- Health systems strengthening
- Health financing
- Public financial management
- Health governance
- Institutional and individual capacity building
- Advocacy and accountability
- Health information systems and data
- Private sector health
- Family planning
- Gender, equity and social inclusion
- Monitoring, evaluation, research and learning
- Abt Associates is looking for Experts with proven experience delivering health impacts in complex and challenging operational environments. Candidates will need to convey this impact through their applications and have clear examples to illustrate this impact
- The individuals should also be value driven, in alignment with Abt Associates: being committed to excellence, mission-driven, global in their outlook, collaborative and holding themselves accountable through the work they do.
General Professional Experience
- Experience working with the private sector, non-governmental organisations and/or civil society organisations to strengthen health outcomes in Nigeria
- Experience with donor-funded programmes, specifically DFID, is preferred.
- Experience working within the Nigerian health sector, with demonstrable impact.
- Experience liaising with and supporting the Federal Ministry of Health, state ministries of health and/or Local Government Authorities in Borno, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Lagos and Yobe
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites:
- Degree qualified in a related field, preferably Masters
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are required
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- We are looking for candidates who ideally are Nigerian, have the right to reside, or do reside in Nigeria.
- Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Covering Letters to: email@example.com In your email please tell us about your technical and subject matter expertise so we can align capabilities to further our mission – to improve the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. This is an Abt Britain opening; you must submit your cover letter to the email address above to be considered for employment.
Click here to apply
Note: Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.