GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Advisor
Requisition ID: WD196596
Position: Full time
Functional area: HR
- To provide high quality, comprehensive HR transactional support (Tier 1/Tier 0) across all GSK businesses in a cluster/country, by focusing on enhancing technology utilization, data quality and metrics to increase HR customer satisfaction.
- Maintain records in HR systems to ensure entries are updated for payroll and other key HR processes
- Participate on key HR projects which need transactional HR input, eg. restructure, M&A, etc.
- Liaise with external suppliers as appropriate to deliver HR services
- Support continuous improvement activities to further simplify and standardise processes
- Provide transactional HR support across all processes and across all business units within the country/cluster
- Support internal client groups with responses to queries and provision of advice and guidance
- Support the smooth running of global and/or local processes like P&R, Talent management, etc. by providing answers on the process or re-directing queries to the appropriate level
- Manage the employee interface, ensuring understanding, compliance and satisfaction with HR Policies and processes mitigating risk of employee dissatisfaction and litigation
- Use data and metrics to ensure the high performance of Tier 1/Tier 0 processes and propose improvements to enhance the customer experience
- Own the data quality of our systems and ensure appropriate follow-up with employees / line managers to secure this
Key HR Capabilities
- HR Governance and Risk Management – Understand clear operating principles, structure and accountabilities and apply to HR activity so as to ensure HR risks are mitigated, company reputation is protected and related financial, fiduciary, legal and policy duties are carried out.
- Systems and Processes – Understand GSK standardised HR systems and processes in depth and apply that knowledge in an efficient, consistent and responsible way ensuring effective outcomes with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Knowledge Management – Effective application of HR information, including knowledge management systems, to support best decision making for successful business outcomes
- Data Metrics and Analytics – Use standard GSK tools and methodologies to produce and use data in a responsible way to identify patterns, trends and issues and to measure the impact of HR strategies. When consulting with leaders, use data to provide insight and support best decision making for successful business outcomes.
- HR Service Delivery – Drive and deliver effective HR services across business units in order to deliver successful business outcomes.
- Education: University degree
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply