Gilberts Group is a legendary construction company whose projects include a significant proportion of the world’s large bridges, marine installations, and other complex structures.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer – Construction
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of civil systems and materials.
- Attends project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
- Implements sustainable design principles .
- Performs calculations to analyze and design civil system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Supports project team in development of design documentation, plans and reports for relevant project design elements.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes technologies in development of three-dimensional models of civil systems.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various project phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Coordinates with other disciplines to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Assists in the review of shop drawings and submittals, responds to request for information, prepares site observation reports, and performs other contract administration tasks.
- Assists with the development of job specific discipline specifications.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering.
- 2-5 Years of experience in similar position.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team.
- Developing ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Basic knowledge of civil systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Basic understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings and other similar material.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 1st March, 2019.