Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Manager
Job Number: SRH03375
Location: Monguno, Borno
Beginning of Contract: ASAP
Contract Type: Short term contract
About The Job
Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator and with functional relations with the Finance and Human Resources Coordinator, the Administrative Manager will be in charge of the following tasks:
Administrative Management of personnel:
- Apply the formalities provided for sanctions and for termination or breach of contract
- Calculate taxes, complete returns and make statements and payments to the necessary organizations
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies
- Oversee the setting up of legal representation and consultation bodies for personnel at his/her base, and assist in conflict management and resolution
- Track the cost of living
- Assist in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing
- Supervise the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base
- Draft employment contracts for employees at his/her base, and ensure that they are adhered to
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
- Centralise training requests from teams and set up a training plan
- Assist in ordering and determining disciplinary measures
- Define the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruit according to the resources allocated
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative team at his/her assignment base
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative team
- Supervise account keeping at his/her base, monitor cash balances
- Monitor bank books for his/her base and keep the safe
- Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base
- Verify the accounting files before they are sent to coordination
- Manage his/her base’s cash-flow and ensure that banks and cash boxes are well supplied
- Manage transfers and monitor the security of funds
- Formulate cash-flow forecasts with the logistics officer and the program managers
- Supervise the upkeep and security of safes and cash-boxes
- Validate all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Solidarités International procedures
Budgetary / Financial Monitoring:
- Update allocation boards for his/her base
- Update and analyze budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress
- Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor functioning costs at his/her assignment base
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Aid the administrative coordinator in formulating financial reports and carrying out audits
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
Administrative management of the base:
- Verify and validate all contracts drafted at the base
- Assist in selecting Solidarités International premises
- Ensure administrative monitoring of insurance locations, claims and contracts
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitor regulations in force/ Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International on request and/or by order / Supervise the sending of administrative files to the coordination / Ensure administrative and financial reports are made to the coordination according to the Solidarités administrative calendar
- Strong capacity to take initiatives
- Fluent English (written, spoken and read)
- Patience, autonomy, flexibility and the ability to adapt are indispensable skills.
- Good computer skills
- 2 years of professional humanitarian experience
- At least 1 year of experience in financial reporting, accounting, budget follow up and HR management
- Proven experience in conflict/post-conflict contexts and insecure environments
- Experience of team management and capacity building
- Good communication and diplomatic skills
- Good organizational skills
- Capacity to work under pressure
SI Will Offer You
A salaried post:
- According to experience, starting from 1980 Euros gross per month (1800 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly) and a monthly Per Diem of 600 USD
- SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
- During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
- To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked > i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract.
Social and Medical Cover:
- Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
- Expatriate staff live in a common guesthouse adjacent to the office. Food is cooked communally in a shared kitchen. Basic household commodities are available in the local market although additional items are procured from Maiduguri.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th April, 2019.