Safety Consultants and Solutions Provider Limited, is established to provide cost effective, integrated safety consultancy solutions and services. Our key strengths are in Fire Safety, Process Safety, HSE/MS Training, Technical Safety, Occupational Safety, Environmental Management Safety, Construction Safety and Pipe Integrity management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Accountant Skills and Qualifications
- Accounting, Corporate finance, Reporting skills, Attention to detail, Deadline-oriented, Reporting research results, SFAS rules, Confidentiality, Time management, Data entry management, General math skills.
Job Title: Design/Quotation Engineer
Location: Lekki -Ajah, Lagos
Reports to: Head of Operation
- The Job holder will be responsible for drawing up full technical quotations, from design to final cost, based on the customer’s specifications. Quotation requests are made for the most fascinating and wide-ranging projects.
- The role will require you to visit project sites, clients’ offices and other relevant locations. Conduct research to solve practical engineering problems and improve efficiency. Mentor other Design Engineers and assist project management when essential.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Design systems taking into account cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, appearance and impact on the user and on the environment.
- Use computer-aided (CAD) to assist in design and drawing.
- Analyze project or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Provide technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range product engineering planning.
- Confer with personnel and customers to clarify or resolve problems, and develops design.
- Prepare or direct preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Direct and coordinate manufacturing or building of prototype product or system.
- Compile and analyze operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Analyze test data and reports to determine if test design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confer with other engineering personnel and prepare design modifications as required.
- Lead projects with design and engineering support.
- Thoroughly analysing clients’ specifications and highlighting the main points. If necessary, you can request additional clarification or information from the Technical Sales department.
- Converting the specifications to our standard datasheet, making it user-friendly for our design department.
- Working out the quotation by producing an initial design (both electrical and mechanical). In addition, you will be required to compile a summary of all the technical parameters for the client.
- Acting as a point of contact for the Technical Sales team and our clients in order to support them with technical information.
- Supporting the design department when your quotation is accepted and is followed up with an order.
- Monitor and train junior engineers on projects, software, and SCSP processes.
- Oversee testing and design of assigned project and product line.
- Any other assigned roles by the Management.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Ability to present in front of clients and senior leadership as necessary.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with NFPA standards.
- 3D design software experience required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant and equivalent engineering discipline.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply SCSP, and where appropriate Client’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems.
- Five plus years’ experience designing fire safety engineering equipment.
- Ages 34 and above
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication & reporting skills- written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
- Ability to interface with professionals of all levels and possession of leadership skills.
- Intermediate problem solving and project management skills.
- Leads, coordinates, negotiates and knows how to take decisions when necessary
- Has technical knowledge and is profit minded.
- Main Contractors
- Clients’ representatives
- Operations Team
- Technical Sales Team
- The job requires 75% travel time from the job holder.
- Proficiency in English Language (Written & Spoken) is a must.
- Knowledge of one or more international language is added advantage.
- Ability to speak other local Nigerian languages is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] Kindly use the position applied for as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 21st February, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!