KPMG Nigeria – Our client, a leader in the provision of innovative Integrated Energy Services, primarily to the Power and Oil & Gas sectors with strategic interests in downstream trading and shipping always strives to attract and retain the very best talent.
In line with the company’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience with implementing leading Human Resource practices, the company is looking for an exceptional individual with proven integrity as:
Job Title: Head, Strategy & Planning (Oil & Energy)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Detailed Job Description
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimize performance and enhance output
- Liaise with other departments for implementation of the entities’ plans and achievement of it strategic objectives
- Define and manage service level agreements with service providers (Human Resources and Shared Services, Finance, Sustainability and Corporate Services, Legal, BD, QHSE, etc.) within the Group
- Define the department’s ‘customer service’ framework and set targets
- Handle new inward investment cases generated by the CEO, Business Development team, Heads of entities, or obtained by other means; liaise with New Ventures Division
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of the department’s annual and quarterly budget.
- Provide strategy and planning support to the Group and subsidiaries.
- Also, to support New Ventures Division on behalf of the CEO’s Office and subsidiaries, the origination and evaluation of potential new business(es) / projects and serve as Secretary to the Investment Committee of the Board
- Oversee and champion the articulation and development of the Group’s functional strategy, work plans and programmes and ensure alignment with the Group’s overall strategy, goals and objectives
- Demonstrate ownership of, and communicate the Group’s strategic direction and objectives to staff within the function; oversee the execution and monitoring of the strategic plans.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the day-to-day activities of the department and ensure alignment with approved work plans and programmes as well as established business requirements/ regulatory and statutory requirements
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification in Science, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related Social Science disciplines
- Masters degree (e.g. MBA) or any professional Qualification will be an added advantage
- Associate membership of related professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- Seven (7) years post-NYSC work experience; with 5 years relevant experience in strategy and planning, of which at least 3 years would have been in a similar role within the consulting or business advisory industry or within the strategy and planning department of a reputable company.
Competency Skills and Requirement:
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to make presentations at executive management levels, successfully conduct commercial/financial negotiations and to represent at events and meetings
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian legal framework (corporate and commercial law)
- Good appreciation of competitive media and public relations strategy
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and management skills.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability
- Understanding of the global business environment and the major issues which impact on the ability of a company to compete and grow.
- Excellent understanding of the Nigerian business environment, including key industry, economic and socio-political drivers. Proven knowledge of Oil and Gas industry.
- Extensive background in strategy articulation and business development with demonstrated capacity to work with no supervision.
- Intermediate level ability to develop financial models and carry out business analytics for management decision making
- Demonstrated experience or ability to manage relationships with complex organisations and to facilitate major decisions in organisations requiring the input and consensus of numerous and varied stakeholders across multiple geographies.
- Extensive research and analysis experience involving industry or economic development issues including an understanding of international business protocols and investment decision-making processes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply