Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: New Channel Development Manager
Ref Id: JR1020298
Location: Ogba Brewery, Lagos
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- Nigeria is a growth market, with a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of over 5% over the last 20 year and an increasingly competitive landscape.
- A key contributor to the success of the GNPLC strategic plan is ability to expand our Market led RTC (Route to Consumer) by winning in Alternative Trade Channel around Party Service, Events, Festivals & Carnivals and E-Commerce market place. The New Channel Development Manager will play a lead role in this.
- The role will also support the commercial productivity agenda in ensuring that we invest in the right activations that will deliver brilliant ROI (Return on Investment).
- Nigeria is a “must win” market for Diageo – for Diageo to win in beer globally, Guinness Nigeria Plc must be winning in beer.
- GN is embarking on two major & linked business transformations-Moving to Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) selling and exploding Spirits participation to shape the TBA market in Nigeria. This introduces an additional complexity for the sales team
Purpose of Role
- You will be responsible for developing, managing and executing the Guinness Nigeria New Channel Development Plans in relation to harnessing maximum opportunities inherent in Festivals, Carnivals & Events, Party Service as well as emerging E-Commerce business.
- Generate insight on current trend on Parties and drive adaption to Guinness purpose
- Develop SR (Sales Routes) and execute Carnivals in right scale and within budget
- Ensure brilliant activation Festivals & Event with close interface with Divisions and (or) Agency for implementation
- Manage a seamless party/event intelligence workflow (soliciting / scouting for parties / events)
- Develop E-Commerce strategy and gain share for Guinness Nigeria in online market space
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate with minimum 5 years’ experience in Sales/Marketing
- A creative persona and a Self-starter-able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good level of IT skills
- HND/University Degree
- A good planner
- Proven track record
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!