Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager
- The Manager position is for experienced practitioners with a passion for agriculture. Managers have the opportunity to lead engagements with clients across the public, private and social sector and across multiple value chains to make a tangible impact to the agriculture and nutrition sector in Africa.
In this role, you will be required to fulfill the following primary responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and high quality implementation of Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Ltd SCANL projects, including planning, coordination of, and reporting of project activities.
- Manage a team of Sahel Capital employees and contractors to successfully deliver on projects’ objectives
- Manage engagement with stakeholders from the public, private and social sector to successfully deliver on projects’ objectives
- Prepare PowerPoint and Word reports summarizing research and analyses and developing recommendations for the client.
- Support senior management on other Sahel Consulting initiatives as requested.
- Led proposal writing and business development efforts
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
We are looking for candidates with a passion for agriculture that are driven, and self-starters. Below are key qualifications we are looking for:
- Masters in Agriculture, Business, Economics or related discipline
- At least 5 years of professional experience
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness to travel (required)
Job Title: Communications Associate
Job Ref: Communications Associate #SC292019
- The candidate will be responsible for developing an integrated communications strategy for the company incorporating PR, Marketing and Online Implementing communications with the aim of increasing brand awareness and recognition for the organization
- This position involves media, presentations, blogging, industry-specific conferences, social media, sales and marketing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, develop and manage content (images, video and written).
- Conduct online advocacy
- Develop and expand community and/ or blogger outreach efforts
- Design (i.e. website, social media, newsletter, brochures, books, communication materials etc.)
- Design templates for consulting reports and presentations
- Design, create and manage promotions and campaigns
- Organize social media events for the company on key issues related to agriculture and nutrition
- Drive efforts to build the brand and create broad-based awareness in the public domain
- Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Any other responsibility assigned by management
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Digital Marketing, Business Administration, New Media or Public Relations
- Previous experience as a communications associate, digital marketer or PR expert for a similar organization would be a strong advantage.
- Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications and presentation skills are essential.
- Proven working experience in social media or related field
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing and proof-reading (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, Conversion Rate Optimization and Search Engine Optimization is an added advantage.
- Strong graphic design skills Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Positive attitude, good team player, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Highly flexible and ability to set priorities
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of French is an advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of Cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using Job Ref /Job Title as subject of the mail
Note: Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. Applicants are strongly advised not to cold-call or send unsolicited applications.