Subsea 7 is a world-leading seabed-to-surface engineering, construction and services contractor to the offshore energy industry. We provide cost-effective technical solutions to enable the delivery of complex projects in all water depths and challenging environments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior HSE Engineer
Vacancy ref: 60896
Job Band : H
Business area: Surf and Conventional
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Contract type: Staff
Languages in which you may apply: English
Date : As Soon As Possible
Description of Role
- The Senior HSE Engineer acts as the focal point for designated Project HSE matters. He/she will provides a support function to project management, ensuring adequate HSE input and provide a mentoring role for less experienced HSE Advisors.
Generic Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Assists project management team(s) in defining its HSE resource requirements
- Ensure HSEQ capitalises from Lessons Learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently
- Identifies and co-ordinates worksite deployed HSE personnel
- Lead a positive HSE culture and behaviour across Nigerstar 7 and particularly within their sphere of influence
- Champion the Nigerstar 7 Critical Safety Behaviours Programme, setting the tone and leading by example
- Responsible for the efficient, timely, accurate and cost effective management and delivery of the function’s activities within the designated area of responsibility
- Supports project leadership in implementing the management system
- Responsible for the co-ordination, preparation and delivery of the Project HSE Plan
- Supervises, co-ordinates and monitors HSE performance on projects
- Ideally a strategic thinker with a sense of good judgment.
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting goals and priorities.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with leaders as well as team members.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Engineering degree or equivalent with 7-10years experience in both Offshore and Onshore environment and 3+ years as a member of an offshore project team in a Leading HSE role.
- A broad range of subsea operations knowledge
- Should have a proven track record of successfully managing and delivering key HSE projects on time, within scope with end-to-end accountability.
Minimum Required Experience:
- 7-10 Years
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Engineering
- Minimum of NEBOSH International General Certificate. Holders of NEBOSH International Diploma or its equivalent (Level 6 Occupational Health & Safety Diploma) will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th March, 2019.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!