VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria’s informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
VFD Group was founded by highly skilled professionals with diverse experiences, qualifications and professional backgrounds, who identified the gap between individuals and small businesses and their banking experiences and set out to bridge the divide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Officer
- The role will be responsible for accurate preparation and timely reporting of all tax returns.
- Tax Management
- Regulatory compliance of tax reporting/returns
- Support with the development and implementation of the Group’s tax strategy
- Ensure the corporate tax liability of the Group is minimized within the ambit of the tax laws.
- Understand the financial and operational implications of various tax laws and ensure the Group complies all relevant provisions.
- Implement effective tax planning strategies across the Group and ensure full compliance with relevant tax laws.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Ensure the prompt generation of the Company Income Tax (CIT) and other related returns ensuring accuracy, completion and minimal tax exposures to the Group.
- Monitor future legislation that impacts taxation and operations, including future risks.
- Provide support in the identification, review and implementation of tax optimization opportunities for the Group.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate personnel in relevant tax authorities.
- Timely monitoring and research on relevant taxation trends, legislative changes and relevant economic/fiscal changes in Nigeria.
- Ensure 100% remittance of all tax and statutory obligations.
- Ensure accurate computation of all tax liabilities within the Group.
- Liaise with the tax consultants to ensure that the Group’s overall interests are protected during tax investigations and FIRS queries.
- Ensure complete documentation of relevant supports and proof of tax remittance.
- Monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
- Daily postings of transactions to appropriate books and softwares and update of repayment tracker.
- Ensure the Monthly remittance of PAYEE and pensions by no later than 5th of the following month
- Collate relevant information for the generation of periodic statutory returns, e.g, tax, for regulatory authorities
- Work with auditors and other parties where necessary.
- Preparation of payroll schedule
- Produce periodic financial reports, loan disbursed, expected VS actual, matured and maturing, currency purchase and sales report
- Effective filing of transaction documents and maintenance of records for effective audit trails.
- Ensure daily reconciliation of bank balances of all transactions daily.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timeliness and accuracy of management accounts and reports
- Average time to process invoices on approved transactions
- Average budget variances – Actual vs. Plan
- Variances in expense accounts – Actual vs. Plan
- Performance in external audit examinations
- Average time to approve payments
- Accuracy in cash-flow estimates
- First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline, MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or accounting preferred.
- Minimum Experience
- 4-5years tax experience
- Professional Membership
- ICAN or equivalent qualification is required
- Knowledge of the GAAP/IFRS
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Detail orientation
- Time Management
- Team work
- Communication & Presentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & the Internet
- Generic Skills
- Team work
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant position applied for as heading.
Application Deadline 21st February, 2019