Zadok Associates is currently seeking application from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- The Internal Auditor will support the Head, Internal Audit in providing an independent evaluation of the activities of the business and its related entities, centrally coordinating all audit and compliance activities within the business and ensuring strict adherence to the internal policies and procedures as well as regulatory and statutory requirements in order to promote transparency and accountability, add significant value, enhance risk management, governance and compliance, improve operational efficiency, and strengthen the internal control systems within the operations.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, implementation and review of the internal audit work programmes, audit plan and risk register and drive the development, deployment and update/review of the charter, manual, relevant policies and other frameworks for the Internal Audit Function.
- Assist management in the understanding and application of and adherence to internal control, risk management, compliance and governance principles.
- Interfaces with all units and departments on the review and update of the risk register as part of the Control Self-Assessment activity of the School
- Monitor and drive compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements across all business/activity areas.
- Assists with the initiation, monitoring and follow through of regular and periodic updates to the policies and procedures of the school as the situation demands
- Conduct monthly review of bank reconciliation statements for all existing bank accounts and monthly call over/review of transactions focusing on appropriate posting of transactions and ensuring compliance with statutory deductions.
- Perform audits through the review of physical and electronic records, evaluate the level of compliance with established business control policies, processes, procedures, standards, laws and regulations in assigned functional areas/business units, identify control weaknesses or process improvement opportunities and initiate workable solutions.
- Document and file working papers and audit procedures performed. Track timely and effective corrective actions taken following audit recommendations.
- Maintain back up (physical and electronic) of all internal audit materials for easy retrieval and reference and monitor the document management process across the Company.
- Investigate and report all alleged cases of fraud, waste, abuse and inefficiencies and make recommendations on appropriate preventive or remedial actions.
- Minimum of first Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or a related numerate discipline.
- Relevant professional certification e.g. Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ACA) is an be added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the internal control/audit function of a similar organization and/or 2 years’ experience in an audit firm.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Hard work and Quality Focus
- Innovation and Attention to Detail
- Information Technology (IT) General Knowledge
- Honesty and Reliability
- Objectivity and Independence
- Passion and Commitment
- Result-orientation and Accountability
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 12th March, 2019.