Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, an Oil & Gas firm with several line of businesses located in Lagos is looking for qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Supervisor/Lead Technician
- Verify inventory and parts received against Bill of Material per job prior to assembly of equipment.
- Monitor the quality control of manufactured parts prior to assembly of equipment.
- Work with Lead Technician/ Supervisors and other team members to carry out complete overhauls or installation and commissioning of various types of centrifugal pumps and compressors, reciprocating and screw compressors in addition to blowers on customer sites either onshore or offshore, this also includes bearings and mechanical seal change-outs
- Represent the company in a positive manner while executing jobs onsite, by maintaining a excellent safety record and behaving professionally with clients and team members at all times..
- He must be responsible for all the tools he uses, and take good care of them when required he will carry out PMs, on tools and workshop machines.
- He must be HSE knowledgeable and demonstrate a safe working culture at all times.
- Dismantle and assemble parts & equipment such as various types of centrifugal pumps, Mech Seals, and compressors, reciprocating and screw compressors, blowers and others according to operational procedures sheets.
- Prepare dismantling reports of the various equipment handled. This implies he should be familiar with various measuring tools like, Vernier Calipers, Depth caliper/ micrometer, ID/OD micrometers, Dial gauges,
- Prepare spares consumed reconciliation sheets.
- Prepare assembly reports.
- Dynamically balance rotors and fans according to ISO 1940
- Install piping and set mechanical seals to match drawings.
- Operate laser alignment tools, condition monitoring equipment, hydraulic torque tools and high pressure testing equipment.
- Apply agreed on test procedures.
- Welding experience is a plus
- Machinist experience is a plus.
- Oil & Gas experience/ Offshore experience is a plus.
- HSE trainings/ First –aid/ Fire-fighting training a plus.
- Rigging/banksman/crane operation a plus.
- Technical School Diploma. Minimum HND
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related field, especially in mechanical assembly
- Previous experience and /or trainings with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)/ OEM reps, is a plus
- Previous experience in mechanical or assembly work of rotating equipment is essential.
- Good mechanical ability and manual skillfulness is essential
- Ability to prepare JRA for his task, and participate in the TBMs.
- Basic slinger/rigging skills.
- Good math skills
- Proficiency in MS Office ( word, excel….)
- HSE trainings and certifications
- Swimming capability is a requirement
- Ability to read and interpret GA drawings/ Sectional drawings of equipment.
- Ability to read, and interpret manuals and instructions.
- Ability to use electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and hand tools
- Ability to use precision measurement tools such as micrometers and other related measurement tools.
- Ability to work in a team and TQM environment and be a contributing member.
- Ability to carry out all dimensional checks and assist in preparing accurate and timely reports
- Ability to understand requirements to build pump and related equipment
- Interpersonal and communication skills ( both verbal and written)
- Working independently with limited supervision
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Compliance with personnel protective equipment when required on your job
- Be conscious of fire hazards and risks at all times.
- Actively participate in all emergency drills/ HSE training both at the Organization and at Client locations when present.
- To attend safety induction program
- Attend health and safety awareness program annually
- Report hazards and near misses
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV (MS Word Format) to: [email protected] Using “Supervisors/ Lead Technician” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 22nd February, 2019.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted.
Do you want to be up to date with current jobs in Nigeria? Click here to get Latest Job Alerts Daily!