KPMG Nigeria – Our client, a leader in the provision of innovative Integrated Energy Services, primarily to the Power and Oil & Gas sectors with strategic interests in downstream trading and shipping always strives to attract and retain the very best talent.
In line with the company’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience with implementing leading Human Resource practices, the company is looking for an exceptional individual with proven integrity as:
Job Title: Vice President, Human Resources and Shared Services
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Detailed Job Description
The VP Human Resources and Shared Services (HR & SS) is responsible for ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human and shared services resources plans and programs are realized.Therefore, their essential job responsibilities include:
- Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to company personnel
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR & SS division
- Contributing to the development of department goals, objectives, and systems for Human Resources and other shared services departments
- Assembling and managing a multidisciplinary set of professionals/service providers to provide integrated support and insure the smooth, safe, secure and sustainable functioning of the company, its facilities, assets and employee work tools.
- Monitoring assessing, repairing and upgrading the facilities and systems to fully support corporate requirements for all business functions.
- Maintaining inclusion and diversity programs
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Maintaining company directory and other organizational charts
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures
- Making recommendations to an organization’s leadership based on analyses of worker productivity.
- Identifying ways to maximize the value of the organization’s employees and ensure all human resources are being utilized as efficiently as possible.
- Fostering a culture of teamwork, openness, supportiveness, and fun along with dedication to delivering quality work on time.
- Managing/performing administrative duties for various functions at the Corporate HQ and branch offices which involve high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information, requiring considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment.
- Implementing and revising a company’s compensation program
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Conducting periodic employee and salary surveys
- Developing, analyzing, and updating the company’s salary budget
- Developing, analyzing and updating the company’s evaluation program
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Performing benefits administration
- Maintaining employee development program
- Coordinating Performance and Talent management
- Meeting leadership requirements for head and satellite offices, productivity tools and logistics (vehicles, security, hotel, etc.).
- Developing performance metrics and deliver according to agreed service levels
- Collaborating with external vendors for office and general supplies and provide guidance and direction for corporate procurement.
- Implementing sustainable practices for business efficiency that reflect positively on external perceptions of all locations.
- Driving Operational Excellence –Technology, innovations in energy efficiency, sustainable practices, business efficiency & external perceptions of the company.
- Leading responsible divisional Investment Practices –use of expense/capital budgets with the goal of improving and maintaining the assets ensuring full/beneficial operations.
- Managing select vendor(s) and insure contract terms are met. Work with Legal unit to initiate contracts with vendors and ensure contracts are renewed/updated as needed.
- Resolving contractual issues with assistance of COO and legal adviser as required.
- Managing office service vendors, including security, food &beverage, production/common area janitorial and maintenance, hazardous waste and recycling providers.
- Negotiating with office supplies vendor to ensure high service level and discounted pricing continues as ordering volume increases to support site growth.
- Supporting IT with copier/printer management.
- Onboarding janitorial and maintenance staff to adhere to global practices and requirements.
- Managing security badging system, including issuance of new badges and auditing/maintaining system to ensure secured access.
- Taking Responsibility for office space planning and moves and assisting with overall Facility Master Plan.
- Developing and tracking capital and expense budgets for Facilities Site Services.
- Liaising with building owner (where leased) on special projects and all necessary inspections.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to Work in a Team Environment
- Must be able to quickly adapt to work needs
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication Ability
- Ability to Constructively Coordinate & Oversee Work of Others
- Strong in ethical conduct
- Good project management skills
- 15+ years’ experience, 7 years of which must be in senior HR generalist position.
- B.Sc or BA degree in any Social Science discipline from a reputable university.
- Analytical/Critical and Strategic Thinking Skills
- Excellent Decision-making
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Leadership skills
- B.Sc. in HR or Management or Industrial Relations; M.Sc. or M.A Degree in Management or Business or HR; Professional certifications in HR or Management from a renowned HR or management certification institute.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply