Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Influence & Advocacy Manager
Ref Id: JR1020014
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Worker Type: Regular
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking to fill the role of Influence and Advocacy Manager. The Influence and Advocacy Manager is responsible for ensuring our brands think in a way which leverages influence and advocacy effectively and that our plans are executed to maximize this.
Ensuring our brands get talked about and drive brand fame:
- Ensure Diageo’s brands get into consumers conversation and that our brand’s stories are news worthy, interesting to influencers and drive consumer engagement, sharability & talkability.
- Accountable for understanding local culture/conversations / tensions and ensuring our brands have a credible place within these through stories, content and campaign executions
Leading our brands to be present within cultural Interest areas:
- Acutely culturally aware to drive innovative, credible relationships and opportunities for our brands to make coverage, ideas and partnerships happen.
High performing team internally & externally:
- Driving a business shift to be agile, respond quickly to opportunities and express our purpose in a culturally relevant way through content and stories.
- Building direct influence relationships with key people and supporting team in their influence footprint; increasing Diageo’s reputation and delivering award winning work. Being a visible and vocal voice of Diageo brands in the market.
Responsible for building capability in Influence & Advocacy across the Marketing team and partners
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Ability to drive the Marketing Leadership Team’s (MLT) thinking forward and leverage the MLT team to deliver against fame outcomes.
- Track record of bringing successful new thinking into a business, leading business change and experience of experimentation and failure.
- Have a deep knowledge of what it takes to get into consumer conversation and confidently drive the MLT and business to follow this.
- Possess real passion for Influence & Advocacy, and a drive to always push and apply new approaches/thinking from plans through to execution within PR, Social & Content.
- University degree in Marketing/Business or other related discipline. Postgraduate Qualification is an advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with a strong foundation in a consumer engagement environment
- A visible and strong leader internally and externally who constantly pushes the business in this direction & lead the team to deliver great work across all brands, interest areas and countries.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply