Ashoka Fellows are leading social entrepreneurs that have been taken through a rigorous selection process, testing the quality of their ideas and character, to become part of the Ashoka Fellowship and Network. Ashoka Fellows take on the challenges of building innovative system change ideas to make and spread social impact in a world wrought with challenges. They refuse to let the ‘impossible’ stand in their way to creating a better world.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Youth Venture, Leadership Group Member – Africa
35 years ago, Ashoka changed the framework of the social sector, by introducing the idea that there is nothing more powerful than a bold, new idea in the hands of an exceptional entrepreneur. We have built a fellowship of leading social entrepreneurs – people who catalyze an irreversible social change through an innovative idea and encourage others to do the same. Our network of Fellows is now over 3000 innovators strong and spans 85 countries. In addition, the field and profession of Social Entrepreneurship has grown into a global force.
We’re setting out to change the frame again: a world in which everyone can be a changemaker. For generations, society has followed a siloed, hierarchical approach to solving challenges and has been defined by repetitive efficiency (think assembly line). But this approach is falling short when it comes to the number and complexity of the shared problems we now face. So a new game is taking shape – one where change is the norm, and where the most open, fluid systems and teams thrive.
In this game the rules are different (in fact they are still being created) but one is paramount: everyone can and must be able to play, and to drive positive change. This is the ‘Everyone A Changemaker’ vision that Ashoka is working toward and it is our best hope for building a world where problems no longer outrun solutions.
Working in concert with the growing global Youth Venture leadership team and other members of Ashoka’s Global Leadership Group, the Youth Venture Leader will have the opportunity to:
- Co-create the Changemaker Schools program targeting middle and high schools and design an engagement plan to amplify the work and influence of each Changemaker school
- Co-create peer-to-peer opportunities for young people to share, learn, and inspire other young people to become changemakers
- Co-create a global storytelling movement that encourages the sharing of positive youth changemaker stories
- Participate in strategic decision making that affects Ashoka’s growth globally and leverage Ashoka’s vast network in 80+ countries.
- A track record of creating new ideas that have resulted in a systemic change in his/her field.
- Clear career experience in significantly scaling the social impact of organizations
- Proven ability to lead through influence, ideas, and exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability in major client/partner relationship management, fundraising, resource mobilization, and balanced budget management
- Believe deeply in the power of social entrepreneurship and understand Ashoka’s Everyone A Changemaker™ vision.
- Experience working with and/or passion for young people
- A track record of innovating solutions and successfully bringing them to fruition
- Strong social/emotional intelligence and leadership ability to inspire, enable, and integrate a very entrepreneurial team with respect and collegiality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply