The ECOWAS Commission invites all interested eligible and qualified individual consultants to submit their candidacy to provide the services described below as:
Job Title: Conference Information Systems and Technology Specialist
Location: West Africa
Client: ECOWAS Commission
Type: Expression of Interest (EOI)
- The main objective is to support the Directorate of Conference and Protocol (DCP) of the ECOWAS Commission in its Technology Modernization Exercise as well as provide direct information management and technology support to the planning, execution and reporting of the 2019 Mid-year Statutory Meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant
Management of the Technology Modernization Project:
- Assess the conference technology infrastructure of the DCP and identify gaps and needs vis-à-vis technology and information management for conference and event management.
- Based on identified needs and gaps and in line with the approved vision for technology modernization, develop a detailed project plan for a comprehensive technology modernization of the DCP.
- Actively participate and/or guide the implementation as well as management of the above mentioned project.
Support to the 2019 Mid-year Statutory Meetings: Provide the following services and products so as to support the effective planning, execution, management and reporting of the 2019 Mid-year Statutory Meetings:
- Information management services covering:
- Data collection, organization and analysis services to deduce relevant information.
- Acquisition, storage and sharing of information with relevant stakeholders.
- Information system and technology services:
- Identification and selection and management of an online events management software or system
- Advice on information systems and technology needs.
- Production of needed templates and tools.
- Design and development of needed desktop publications using Microsoft productivity suite.
- Provision of technical support for the sharing of working documents with Member States electronically.
- Management of user support services vis-à-vis use of technology and systems during conferences.
- Provision of needed hands-on training on information systems and technology.
- Drafting of critical documents including but not limited to: conference operations plans.
- Development of work-plans with accompanying monitoring, management and reporting action items.
The qualifications of the Consultant should include, among others:
- University degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from a recognized university;
- Experience in providing administrative services;
- Proven training in Events & Conference management and Management Information System
- Excellent computer and IT skills;
- Entrepreneurship and leadership experience;
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on practical experience working with information system / information technology directly supporting meetings, conferences and/or events;
- Experience in events, conference or meeting organization and management;
- Good written and oral communications skills as well as strong social media skills;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified consultants must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services, Kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae that highlights the following:
- Curriculum and Certificates;
- Past Experiences of similar jobs over the past ten (10) years;
- Computer knowledge;
- Knowledge of the area;
- Language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project.
All Expression of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Recruitment of a Conference Information Systems and Technology Specialist for ECOWAS Commission”, Do not open except in the presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below:
The Directorate of General Administration,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401 – Abuja.
- Please note that if individual consultants are proposed by firms, only the experience and qualifications of the individuals shall be used in the selection process, their corporate experience shall not be taken into account, and the contract, if given, will be signed with the proposed individual.
- The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of curricula vitae and interviews and the selected Consultant will be invited for negotiation prior to the conclusion and signing of the Contract Agreement. (Selection method: Individual Consultant based on the Consultant’s Qualification). Please note that the selected consultant will be expected to submit all required reports in English or French or Portuguese.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address above during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1. Or by E-mail to the following addresses: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- The attention of interested Consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 1119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- Electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
Application Deadline: 11.00 am (GMT+1); 4th April, 2019.