The Hill City Consulting Limited – Our client is a reputable, visionary, ambitious and expanding business with Headquarter located in Ibadan, Oyo State.
As part of our strategic growth and expansion plan, we seek to engage the service of:
Job Title: Baker/Pastry Chef
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- We seek to engage the service of a Baker/Pastry Chef to head our newly established bakery department.
- The key responsibilities of the successful candidates can be categorized into the following broad areas:
- Recipe Design and Preparation of Bread, Cakes, Cookies, Pies, etc
- Quality control
- Ingredient combination and measurement
- Branding, display, decoration, promotion and sales of finished products
- Inventory control
- Documentation and reporting
- Staff management and supervision
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee operation of automatic machinery, such as rounding, curling, icing, slicing, and wrapping machines to ensure maintenance of specified quality standards and production schedules.
- Measure and combine ingredients using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in mixing, dividing, molding, and proofing of dough, and in baking, slicing, and wrapping of bread, pastries, and other bakery products
- Produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Keep records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Present sales report
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as Breads, cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Test ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Follow proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Perform any other task that will be assigned.
- Additional training and attendance of short courses in pie making, cake decoration, bread baking, etc. are added advantages.
- Primarily be knowledgeable and skillful in the preparation of a wide variety of baked products such as breads, cakes, cookies, pies, etc.
- Have a minimum of two years’ work experience in similar job and leadership position
- Have a minimum of ND/HND/BSc or equivalent educational certificates in any discipline. However, having a certificate in courses like Hotel and Catering Management, Food Science and Technology and related courses is an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint)
- The ability to meet strict deadlines.
- High degree of neatness and cleanliness.
- Ability to understand customer needs and requirements
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively.
- Possess abilities to work under minimal supervision, promote efficiency, brand awareness, company standards and commitment to quality and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors
- Able to develop, designs, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen
- As the Head of Bakery department, He or she must be able to take ownership and responsibility, make ethical and professional decisions, and lead the team towards achieving the organizational goals and objectives.
- Very attractive and progressive depending on the qualification and experience of the candidate.
- Salary: Ranges between N600,000 to N720,000 per annum
- Opportunities for training, career advancement and self-development
- Leave benefit
- Pension benefit
- Free Medicals (under applicable terms and conditions).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: [email protected] Using “Head Baker/Pastry Chef – J01” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st March, 2019.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted for the interview.
- Please read the full details of the various responsibilities above. They would be discussed extensively during the interview.