Olam Nigeria is a leading company in the Agricultural and Packaged Foods sector in Nigeria and has been the leading exporter in Nigeria’s non-oil sector in the last several years.
At Olam manufacturing has become an essential part of our growth story & Manufacturing, Innovation & Procurement Services (MIPS) as a function plays a critical role globally. MIPS manages a network of 210 manufacturing plants and 2 Development centers across 10 Business units in 19 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Planning
- Establish and lead a professional Planning function across all Packaged Foods Business operations to maximise service levels to customers while optimising stocks.
- The Packaged Foods Business is centered around West Africa and now has 8 Manufacturing Plants across 6 product categories – Tomato Paste, Seasonings, Instant Noodles, Biscuits, Beverages, and Sweets & Candies – with a top-line of over USD 300M. Planning Head will be responsible for Planning all the PFB operations.
- The planning will have the responsibility to establish a professional planning function across all PFB operation with the adequate organisation, clear roles & responsibilities, planning processes and KPIs to drive accuracy.
- Materials requirement Planning. Create and maintain the materials requirement plan. Establish material safety stock and reorder levels with accurate lead times. Implement stock plans to achieve stock targets on materials and finished goods.
- Master Production Scheduling
- Distribution requirement planning / replenishment
- Evaluate risks and opportunities creating contingencies and making decisions
- Capacity management planning
- Drive business planning, and in particular, the annual volume planning process which includes interfacing closely with sales, Marketing and finance to ensure timeous delivery.
- Support innovation teams in launching new products
- Develop and train the Demand planners and supply planners across all operations
- Develop planning policies including inventory policy, and categorization of finished goods and raw and packaging material and align with the system integration.
- Manage stock levels within agreed policy levels for material and finished goods
- Manage the demand planning process for all the appropriate categories; focusing on eliminating bias and improving forecast accuracy.
- Production planning taking account of demand planning, supply chain policy, capacity limitations, and other production constraints
- Lead ERP projects, integration of SAP MRP. Establish MRP, MPS, and capacity planning processes and align with the system integration
- S&OP lead by Head of Planning
- Complexity Management – regularly review SKU portfolio
- Result Orientation
- Action oriented
- Team alignment
- B.Sc. in Engineering. (M.Sc. or MBA preferred)
- Min 15 years of experience in supply chain in Leading Global Agri-Manufacturing/FMCG/
- Consumer companies with positions covering Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Stock Management and Primary Distribution. Experience of Lean, Six Sigma and/or TPM strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of SAP or any ERP is required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply