Silver Valley International College, Kabba is a leading world-class international school in Kogi State, Nigeria. SVIC runs both the Nigerian and British curriculum.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: School Vice Principal (Academics)
Job Ref:- SVIS/ JA/SP/2019/02
- SVIC is seeking for an outstanding, innovative and visionary leader with a proven background of successful and remarkable headship of secondary schools as a Vice principal (Academics) in our school in Kabba, Kogi State.
- The ideal candidate must have effective communication skills (oral and written) for dealing with students, teachers, non-teaching staff and parents and should be young, organized, energetic and intuitive.
- The school Vice Principal’s (Academics) responsibilities include but not limited to assisting the Principal, planning and supervising teaching methods to ensure target academic achievements are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The vice principal shall provide support to the principal to achieve her key responsibilities which include but not limited to the following:
- Develops a system of blend mix of Nigerian and British Curriculum
- Integrates and develops students’ entrepreneurial Skills
- Effectively develops strategies to project the image of school globally for productive marketing
- Develops objectives for extra-curricular activities to include the sports program
- Evaluates student progress in order to determine whether an educational plan is being effective. Makes modifications to the plan as needed
- Develops innovative strategies to raise funds for developmental projects and charity projects for the community
- Develops and implements and effective instructional programme appropriate for the students. Careful attention should be given to the supervision of teachers and other personnel working in the school, including teaching and non- teaching staff.
- Provides oversight to ensure safety of students and all personnel within the school premises.
- Provides oversight to ensure the school is clean at all times and good housekeeping within and without the school building.
- Ensures teacher tracks, manages and documents the performance of student’s behaviour and academic performance.
- Interfaces and actively engages each parent at least once in two weeks on student’s performance.
- Routinely organizes activities that will promote academic excellence and boost community relationship with the school
- Manages day to day activities of the College
- Sets weekly, monthly and academic -year-end goals and expectations for teachers to achieve school accelerated growth to meet the aims and objectives of the school
- Ensures school facilities are well maintained and functioning.
- The individual shall have a weekly minimum of five periods of lesson.
- Plans, supervises and evaluates teaching methods to ensure target academic achievements are met.
- Creates and implements staff training and refresher courses.
- Plans and prepares the Academic Budget of the year.
- Leads all operational aspects of the academic department
- Sets objectives for students to meet, and develop a plan of action for teachers to follow in helping students achieve those benchmarks
- Works towards the school achieving excellent results in all internal and external examinations
- Meets with the school board members in order to discuss and develop policies and procedures
- Possesses ability to drive a 21st century system of education in teaching, learning and evaluation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field and PGDE
- Applicants with Master Degree or Doctorate in education with 3 years teaching experience will have added advantage.
- Required minimum experience: 10 year (s)
- Minimum teaching experience of 5 years and additional 5 years in management position as a school Vice principal in a well-established private school or first rated government school with a proven record of high performance in their external examinations.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to speedily and efficiently resolve conflicts without bias
- A good knowledge of the state and national policies on education and understanding of International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Curriculum
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong leadership skills and ability to supervise others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to include proficiency in public speaking
- Applicants must be resident in Kabba, Kogi State or willing to relocate to Kabba.
The school offers attractive salary with a lot of incentives.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications along with CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 5th April, 2019.
- Candidates will undergo our rigorous recruitment process including pre-employment background checks before any appointment is confirmed.
- This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join SVIC. We remain committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share these commitments.