Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families. In collaboration with some its partners: Jhpiego, mDoc and the Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF), will be implementing a MSD for Mothers funded cooperative agreement called MSD for Mothers (MFM) Quality of Care (QoC) Project. This project offer a unique and synergistic approach to co-design and implement an innovative QoC model to achieve the projects expected outputs, focusing on indirect causes of maternal morbidity and mortality. The project will be implemented in 2 states – Abuja and Lagos for a minimum period of 15 months.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Manager
Job ID: 2019-3548
Category: Human Resources
Reports to: Country Director
- Sr. HR Manager needed to provide leadership management of the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programs for the Nigeria Country Office.
- This includes Developing, implementing and managing HR processes and procedures in accordance with Nigeria policy laws / standards. Sr. HR Manager will also manage staff recruitment and all strategic HR processes.
- The position reports directly to the Country Director with functional reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer in Jhpiego Baltimore. Nigerian work authorization is required.
- Review result with Hiring managers and contact selected candidate for offer of
- Organize, lead and document post-interview debrief/feedback with interview teams and candidates.
- Ensure recruiting and hiring practices are in compliance with government regulations and organizational policies.
- Partner with hiring managers and Country Director to evaluate needs and determine specific position responsibilities and requirements to ensure accurate candidate sourcing
- Draft job descriptions and advertise via appropriate channels in Nigeria
- Evaluate and benchmark new jobs to place them appropriately in the organization’s salary scale
- Prescreen candidates and administer appropriate tests and coordinate next level of interviews
- Counsel hiring managers on staffing and recruitment related matters, including legal considerations and coaching on interview
Compensation and Benefits Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to Country Director on all local compensation related issues
- Review salary scales and bench mark to the market on a regular basis
- Manage the design, implementation and administration of innovative compensation programs and policies
- Conduct job evaluations on new and existing positions, including reviewing job descriptions and recommending appropriate grade assignments
- Support Country Director by answering compensation related questions
- Evaluate jobs for internal equity and external competitiveness against salary survey data
- Develop detailed knowledge of Jhpiego expatriate comp and benefits policies and practices administered by Baltimore, HQ.
- Administer all employee benefits and answer queries from staff regarding benefits
- Review Jhpiego, Nigeria benefits packages from time to time to ensure compliance with local laws and competitiveness with other international NGOs.
Training, Learning and Development:
- Coordinate on-boarding with other departments to support the learning process of new employees
- Conduct follow-ups with new staff to ensure adaptation and identify problem areas
- Work closely with Supervisors to address issues affecting new staff
- Develop and maintain a healthy employee relations environment providing staff a venue to discuss their work related problems and concern
- Advise and assist staff with disciplinary and grievance issues
- Mediate in staff conflict conflicts.
General HR Responsibilities:
- Coordinate annual merit review process
- Review and update local employment policies as per local laws and best practices in the international NGO community
- Liaise with Global Human Resources and Chief Administrative Officer as needed.
- Analyze the country’s HR needs and establish specific HR objectives for country office to ensure that HR policy/procedures and standards are met
- Ensure country level management team members are well versed on country-related HR policies and that policies are implemented consistently
- Ensure all in country staff are covered on related insurances as accepted by local laws
- Advice In country leadership on all HR related issues
- Review salary and benefits policies for local nationals to ensure that organization is able to attract and retain highly skilled staff
- In depth knowledge of Nigeria employment practices
- Highly motivated with ability to analyze information and problem solving
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and ability to deal with confidential information in a discrete manner
- Strong presentation and communication skills, oral and written
- Proficiency in computer applications to include MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of USAID and other donors policies and procedures
- BA in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field; MA preferred
- 8+ years’ experience managing HR functions for mid-sized organization preferably with an international organization
- 4 years senior level experience in strategic HR
- Professional Qualification / Certification
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package including: medical and dental plans; paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; personal accident insurance; 403(b) retirement plan; life and disability insurance; travel insurance; education assistance plan and more.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 19th March, 2019
Note: The successful candidates selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.