GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Specialist 1 – HR Operations Service Delivery
Job ID: 3267295
Job Function: Human Resources
Business Segment: Global Operations Human Resources
- In this role, you will have two main areas of delivery; Immigration & HR Operations servicesThe role will have a dual reporting line to the East & Western Africa HR Operations Leader (functional and day-day people management) as well as the SSA Immigration Leader (functional).
- Other key relationships within GE will be with the HR Business Partners, Global HR Business Partners, GMS CoE & specialist HR groups (e.g. Compensation & Benefits, Global Talent Acquisition, country Finance Leaders,etc.)
- Help ensure compliance with local immigration laws and internal policies by staying abreast of local regulatory requirements and by analyzing cases and advising business Human Resource Managers and other key stakeholders on the compliant method to mobilize;
- Oversee and manage cross-border moves into the region of responsibility and ensure moves are made compliantly and in an efficient fashion.
- Work in close partnership with multiple HR, Finance and GE Business areas to ensure seamless wing-to-wing processes and one face to Business and HR Partners and employee.
- Proactively seek customer feedback to identify areas for process improvement, standardization and productivity within the assigned process.
- Foster a culture of continuous customer service excellence and process improvement.
- Maintain the highest standard of accuracy and quality, taking accountability for compliance with relevant legal and GE policy requirements.
- Must drive the wing to wing immigration process to ensure there are no delays in document procurement and application filing;
- Collect, collate and analyze data to support the immigration compliance program in a timely and efficient manner;
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders to ensure that all aspects of short-term business travel are addressed, and all compliance regulations are established (i.e immigration, tax, labor);
- Recognize compliance concerns related to non-compliance and/or any other short-term business traveler compliance concern (i.e tax) ensuring immediate escalation to Regional Leader;
- Maintain compliance requirements for operational procedural manuals;
- Provide training to business designees on the Immigration Mobilization Tools;
- Lead / Support HR Ops services such as On-boarding, Offboarding, employee relation’s clusters and ensure people, structures, processes and systems are aligned to deliver key objectives efficiently and effectively.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the GE HR community through proactive facilitation & improvement of HR processes, ensuring effective communication and early identification of requirements & any service issues.
- Identify best HR operational practices within the region and support in Country implementation Collaborate with Finance, HR, Immigrations and GE Business teams to ensure delivery of streamlined processes, standardization and digitization.
- Support the relationship between GE and 3rd party suppliers e.g. Banks, Immigration service providers, Medical & Insurance vendor etc. where required.
- A university degree preferably with HR / Business Management qualification.
- Minimum 2 years Human Resource & immigration experienceGood command of oral and written English.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of West Africa labor laws
- Able to work efficiently without direct supervision, consistently demonstrating high levels of performanceStrong computer skills
- Strong technical immigration specialist with a track record of improving performance in transactional teams.
- Experience in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in diving adherence to SLAs’.
- Understanding of HR issues is important but experience of delivering transactional services in a shared service context is key.
- Good networking skills with experience in operating in complicated matrix environment and able to build good working relationships both internally and externally.
- Tenacious, resilient, and flexible, should be capable of managing a complex and frequently changeable workload.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply