Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
- Plans and supervises the day to day procurement activities ensuring an efficient implementation of the procurement procedures in the project or capital, ensuring compliance to MSF standards and protocols, including but not limited to the following:
- Together with the Supply Manager determines the purchase plan according to incoming requests / orders, product availablity (shortages/surpluses), delivery times, budgets and other relevant factors
- Coordinates and supervises the purchasers’ activity, manages the purchasing budget, and settles advances with the Finance Department
- Supervises, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Performs delegated tasks according to his her specialty and as specified in his/her job description
- Collaborates with Supply Officer in charge of Domestic Transport to prepare orders on time ensuring good quality of packing material.
- Regularly assesses the market for new suppliers to supply the recurrent needs of the mission and seeking products/services that offer the best value for money within the shortest time-frames. Negotiating prices and proposing new suppliers to be validated. Developing and maintaining relations with different suppliers in order to ensure a stable supply of goods or services.
- Submits and collects quotations and tenders following the MSF purchasing policy and providing updates on “item-supplier” data: price, availability, quality, lead time
- Organises, supervises and assists with the loading/unloading of goods from the suppliers, ensuring that they are recorded on the reception documents..
- Gets feedback about the reception of the goods at the final destination.
- Essential technical diploma in Supply Chain Experience
- 1 year in MSF Logistics Department, previous experience in supply chain activities related jobs
- Computer literacy
- Mission language essential.
- Local language desirable.
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
251,200 NGN (Gross Salary) monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Motivation Letter preferably to: [email protected]
Submit in person to:
MSF Spain Office,
Plot 394, Etang O. Obuli Street,
Off Idris Ibrahim Crescent,
Jabi – Abuja.
- Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for Interview Process.
- MSF encourages woman and people with disabilities to apply.
Application Deadline: 5pm; 25th March, 2019.