Etta Atlantic Memorial Hospital is a reputable hospital is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacist
Job Type: Full-time
- Develop, improve and expand the current medical services available within the hospital.
- Review and interpret physician’s orders and prepare medications; detecting any therapeutic incompatibilities.
- Dispenses medications by compounding, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Working with doctors to advise on and prepare medications
- Develops hospital staff’s pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, students, interns, externs, residents, and health care professionals.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration by monitoring nursing unit inspections; maintaining records for controlled substances; removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory; supervising the work results of support personnel; maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Inpatient pharmacy duties
- Controls medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions.
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Current license
- Minimum of 3 years’ post NYSC experience
- Ability to dispense pharmaceuticals appropriately.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill.
- Excellent relationship management skill
- Proactive problem-solving approach
- Ability to work with various community members and create awareness of the Pharmacy’s products and services
- High level of professionalism and ability to supervise health care assistants
- Minimum Qualification: B.Pharm
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Good listener and ability to counsel on medicine use, disease conditions, management and preventive methods
- Faithfully discharge all duties according to the standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to ensure smooth running of the business
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Experience Length: 3 years
Very competitive package commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2019.